California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst Plaintiff may have missed filing dates, it would appear that another event has occurred, and at this point, I am not willing to divulge due to unspecified reasons (with regards to the England and Wales forum complaint).

Can you at least tell us if it's potentially good or bad?

It's both, good because the pressure could be much worse, and bad because it is costly in more than one way to parties involved.

Are you any good at doing cryptic crosswords. :)

CrypticCrosswordGrid.jpg

Over on IB (VB)
I am literally tired of the frequent whining by most of the people that have participated in this thread. This topic is no longer allowed on this site. This thread will not be reopened and any new thread will be promptly deleted. Anyone who contacts me about this decision via PM will be given infractions. I have given you more than enough opportunities to act like adults and am quite frankly tired of babysitting toddlers in the sandbox.

That sounds like an unhappy place to be - someone is feeling decidedly rattled.

How very different to XF even when XF was feeling a bit down about this same case near the start of it.

Pressure sounds like "put up or shut up"......or "moderate and settle this thing"........

I suppose we are likely to find out soon enough. Life is more fun when it slowly reveals itself.....
;)

Pressure to me, being that Australian law is somewhat built from UK law as being Commonwealth countries, then I assume the UK is similar to here, being you don't have a right to your day in court for civil proceedings without having tangible evidence presented in prior negotiations and round table meetings, basically... you don't have a right to a day in court unless prior mediation determines from the evidence that you have substantial grounds to be heard in a court of law, based on law, not he said, she said nonsense. Criminal is different obviously to civil... but that is the way it is here to keep nonsense out of the courts. No evidence that satisfies actual laws, no day in court and no court case.

In other countries you will receive an invoice by the court as a plaintiff for this nonsense.
This is the biggest nonsense I have ever seen.

Sigh. It's that kind of attitude towards customers that makes customers nervous.
  • It's condescending.
  • It's disrespectful.
  • It's threatening.
  • It's extremely unprofessional.
Yes, amen to that. For me at least, I felt like they forgot I was a PAYING customer. While it's important to keep some type of order in a forum setting, the nastiness over there became overwhelming and quite frankly depressing. Yes I may not understand code as well as everyone but I do try hard and I'm very appreciative of any help I do get. And I pay well when necessary. Over at the other place, I felt like I was walking on eggshells if I had a question. I ended up having to go with a very good but expensive host just to get VB help. I soon got tired of paying high hosting prices for support I should have received from VB in the first place. I felt like I was back in highschool with the popular ones being complete ***** < Pardon my French.

Sigh. It's that kind of attitude towards customers that makes customers nervous.
  • It's condescending.
  • It's disrespectful.
  • It's threatening.

Think sometimes though, you do have to lay things on the line like that. No use beating around the bush at times when dealing with teens who won't even listen to what their parents tell them to do, let alone some forum mod in hyperspace on their PC monitor.

What they've done now to me makes sense, they don't want anymore AMMO posted there about XF which could be used against them maybe. Personally if it was me, I would delete every single post in this thread and leave only Shamil's showing the court case docs to follow the case still, dump the rest of the rubbish posted about IB.

• It's condescending.
  • It's disrespectful.
  • It's threatening.
I do agree with your assessment of his style, although the thread had run it's course.
It was SSDD. There were diehard vB fans, diehard xf fans and those who showed up to the party too late not knowing any of the history.
Just as threads here have been either closed or deleted regarding the case, it's probably not a good idea for either party to allow their dirty laundry displayed on their own site.

• It's condescending.
  • It's disrespectful.
  • It's threatening.

It also makes this thread the only real source of information for those of us that might be affected by the outcome. Their choice to lock of course but I'm not at all convinced it was a sensible decision.

it's probably not a good idea for either party to allow their dirty laundry displayed on their own site.
I disagree with that part, as when it comes down to it, openness and honesty with your customers is your best policy.

If you screw up and make a mistake, then admit it and people move on. VB's issues continue on their own site because they refuse to admit to any wrong doings, right from the sale of their VB4.x product, through to its current status. They won't admit to treating customers poorly, neglecting their rights, blind siding customers via a deceptive sales technique, na da!

It is the essence of why so many shifted from VB to IPB, XF and other products to begin with... all due to them not airing their dirty laundry on their site, being honest with their customers and then letting things move on. Two years down the road and people still haven't moved on because VB refuse to admit any wrong doing on their behalf. They could have stopped it all within a month or two if they accept liability, compensated their customers thus making them happy, then all the crap wouldn't have had happened for the most part.

A good majority of the web wouldn't be bad mouthing them still... not the honest one's anyway who can call a spade a spade.

I do agree with your assessment of his style, although the thread had run it's course.
It was SSDD. There were diehard vB fans, diehard xf fans and those who showed up to the party too late not knowing any of the history.
Just as threads here have been either closed or deleted regarding the case, it's probably not a good idea for either party to allow their dirty laundry displayed on their own site.

Think sometimes though, you do have to lay things on the line like that. No use beating around the bush at times when dealing with teens who won't even listen to what their parents tell them to do, let alone some forum mod in hyperspace on their PC monitor.

What they've done now to me makes sense, they don't want anymore AMMO posted there about XF which could be used against them maybe. Personally if it was me, I would delete every single post in this thread and leave only Shamil's showing the court case docs to follow the case still, dump the rest of the rubbish posted about IB.

With all do respect, the situation could have been handled much better. I thought it could have been much more professionally phrased such as:

After careful consideration, I have determined that this thread and subject is no longer manageable. Rather than focusing our energy, and time on managing this subject, we rather focus on our efforts on our vBulletin customers's needs. Therefore, the decision has been made to no longer permit this subject on our boards. Any newer threads or inquiries to appeal this decision will be ignored and deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

With all do respect, the situation could have been handled much better. I thought it could have been much more professionally phrased such as:
Agree. Steve Machol would have handled it differently. :)
While I do feel their product is getting better, their support still sucks except for Lynne.
OK, back to everyone's regularly scheduled bickering. I do mean that in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom