California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a few screen shots and print outs.... Just so if someone changes it, there is a copy.

But it is interesting to note Internet Brands is the parent company of Small Business Notes and their own written interpretation of AntiTrust clearly would include themselves, Internet Brands (or at least infringing toward it).

http://www.smallbusinessnotes.com/managing-your-business/guide-to-antitrust-laws.html

Makes for a good read actually and perhaps a good laugh too.

(Maybe good for others here to also make a screen shot or print out)

Mike and Ashley haven't moved since they were served with the documents for the UK case back in October 2010. I wonder why IB had to hire private investigators to find them again to serve them with the US complaint? Still, IB said they did in a formal legal document, so it must be true.

Mike and Ashley haven't moved since they were served with the documents for the UK case back in October 2010. I wonder why IB had to hire private investigators to find them again to serve them with the US complaint? Still, IB said they did in a formal legal document, so it must be true.
Neither do i

I don't understand what you mean by find them. Did IB think Mike and Ashley left or something?

Our of curiosity, the rights to Xenforo are still with Kier right?

If that's correct, and the case looks to go sour, can't you just sell the rights and code to a new company say in, oh I dunno, the Dominican Republic and wait to get sued there? You can always sell Xenforo from whatever country you want.

Seriously, they would need to chase you around the globe and as long as you stay in 3rd world countries lawyers are cheap!(er)

On a serious note, I've been involved in a case like this but the other way around and their defence was using disclosure to drag everything on. Unfortunately "disclosure" is an ongoing process and can go forever as long as you start off with enough paperwork to pull one page out at a time. :(

I think, but not sure. There are certain guidelines in place to avoid people taking such an easy way out of things like that. Remember many years ago talking to a person and saying, "why not just put the company in another persons name". It can be done, but it's not that straight forward due to the fact it's an obvious easy way out to try and protect your company assets from being taken, if your the one being taken to court as the company owner.

Otherwise I could just transfer company ownership to a friend and then say, so sue me now fools! Plus, I'd imagine the company itself is targeted, so it might not matter even if doing that. A new buyer may inherit the same problems, but I'm not sure again.

The way around that would be the said company to hire Kier for a weekend and the new Holaforo (Cause they speak Spanish in the Dominican Republic) is developed.

I think, but not sure. There are certain guidelines in place to avoid people taking such an easy way out of things like that. Remember many years ago talking to a person and saying, "why not just put the company in another persons name". It can be done, but it's not that straight forward due to the fact it's an obvious easy way out to try and protect your company assets from being taken, if your the one being taken to court as the company owner.

Otherwise I could just transfer company ownership to my cousin or friend and then say, so sue me now fools!
I steal a dollar from you.
You sue me for it.
I give that dollar to my cousin.
You cannot sue me for stealing anymore?

whynot, he is correct you cannot knowingly sell something that is in dispute (you get into real big trouble if you do that). That's why usually the really dodgy people put assets tin their cousins name to start off with before they do the dirty.

whynot, he is correct you cannot knowingly sell something that is in dispute (you get into real big trouble if you do that). That's why usually the really dodgy people put assets tin their cousins name to start off with before they do the dirty.

That's what I was going to say, they put the company into another persons name before anything starts, like being taken to court over company bills in their name. Lose all your assets before a court case even starts, mortgage and company transferred. So you then have nothing in your name to be grabbed. But once started against you, forget it, too late then!

But I think, I'm no expert and could be wrong. There may be laws in place to stop you transferring a new company based on years, or whatever into another persons name to cover that one further from happening to a large extent.

What I would imagine you can do though, is make yourself bankrupt (although that means end of company). But even then if you have a mortgage for example, they can still grab that asset as part repayment. So your stuffed either way really unless living in a none owned council house and driving around in a second hand car worth £200 and no cash in bank.

xf wants to make it in a "clean" way... they don't want to make some "dirty" tricks and this earns my trust to them. otherwise, xf wouldn't be xf.

funny_kids_001.jpg

A perfect vBulletin mentality!

I've been very silent about this because of respect to the XF team, but the fact that vB has been hiring investigators and making claims about XF using vB's customer list is disingenuous. And I'll tell you why.

On April 27 a member of vB started following my Twitter. Why would they do that, you might ask? Well, I changed a personal, family-only board from SMF to XF a couple days before that. I tweeted something to some family members about it and suddenly I'm being followed by vB. I went to that person's Twitter account and found that they had started following a great number of people who had XF boards, including a great number of people here.

I immediately came here and messaged the team and let them know that it happened and that I couldn't think of any other reason they would do so other than gathering information about the user base of XF or even for something like an intimidation tactic such as including those users in the lawsuit. The XF team assured me that the person in question was a good guy and they doubted any nefarious intent, but I remained skeptical. Now I see actions like this.

I will not be giving out the vB person's name because of privacy, but it's funny that since then they are no longer following any of the names I discovered from this site. But you may want to check your Twitter just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom