Calendar

Calendar 6.1

No permission to download
Just a friendly suggestion for Andy. :) I would add "upgrade" instructions to the overview page. One thing worth mentioning in there would be for anyone that has altered the holiday.php file, that they should NOT upload a fresh copy of that file with any future upgrades as it would remove any changes they made.

I made a few changes to my holiday.php file like adding Easter, first day of spring, first day of summer, first day of autumn and first day of winter and I also added the daylight savings start & stop days.

Still lovin' this add on! Keep up the great work Andy! (y)
Can you share your Easter entry of the holiday.php?

This is my suggestion for future releases. Can you add an option to add holidays? Specially in europe/germany there are many different holidays to america .. :D

I just opened the holiday.php file in a text editor (edit pad lite) and added the part circled in red in the screenshot below. Do the same for any other days you want to add. Just change the 4, 20 and Easter Sunday text as needed.

easter.webp

Just a friendly suggestion for Andy. :) I would add "upgrade" instructions to the overview page. One thing worth mentioning in there would be for anyone that has altered the holiday.php file, that they should NOT upload a fresh copy of that file with any future upgrades as it would remove any changes they made.

I made a few changes to my holiday.php file like adding Easter, first day of spring, first day of summer, first day of autumn and first day of winter and I also added the daylight savings start & stop days.

Still lovin' this add on! Keep up the great work Andy! (y)

I added a warning to the overview about the Holiday.php file.

Thank you.

Just want to offer a useful tip when using this.

For an event that lasts more than 1 day, you can highlight as many days as needed from the drop down list by holding down the "Ctrl" key and clicking each day, then submit. This adds the event to each day that was highlighted all in one swoop! (y)

Just want to offer a useful tip when using this.

For an event that lasts more than 1 day, you can highlight as many days as needed from the drop down list by holding down the "Ctrl" key and clicking each day, then submit. This adds the event to each day that was highlighted all in one swoop! (y)

Or you can select the first day, hold the shift key and select the last day, that will select those days and all the day in between.

Hi,

it is possible a) to show certain events only to certain members and b) to have categories for the place an event takes place?

Thanks in advance ...

Hi,

it is possible a) to show certain events only to certain members and b) to have categories for the place an event takes place?

Thanks in advance ...

a) no such option

b) all event information should be contained in the associated thread

Thanks for your quick reply.

Any chances that these options might be integrated in the near future? At the moment I am using a calendar called AutsonSlideShow in Joomla, which has all these features, however, I would prefer to use a calendar with xenforo.

This looks very promising, is there any way to integrate this with the CTA and XenPorta countdowns. That way when the latest event expires the countdown will jump to the next calendar event

Hello,

When i select a calendar link i get a 404 not found error.
calendar send me to this link:
http://sjedbb.com/forums/threads/84/

View attachment 64614the picture is a example.
For me it helped when i change in the /library/Andy/Calendar/ControllerPublic/Thread.php the following line ..
PHP:
//########################################
            // output events

// get internal_data path
            $webRoot =  XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:forums');

to..
PHP:
            // output events

// get internal_data path
            $webRoot =  XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:index');

Last edited:
@AndyB Thanks for your support.
This modification works perfect:

// output events
$webRoot = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:index');

Keeps getting better and better! (y)

I thought of a few ideas you might consider Andy:

• have the add/remove link in the thread only visible to original poster and admin/moderators. That way no one can mess with settings of another.
  • ability to have the calendar option only available in select nodes. I have an events forum and would like for this to only work from there.
  • Maybe display a text message on index page to announce any holidays as they occur?
  • forward and back arrows on the calendar pages to move from month to month
Not trying to increase your work load Andy. Use these if you would like. :)

Top Bottom