Calendar

Calendar 6.1

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Calendar - A fully integrated Calendar system based on thread information.

Description:

This add-on will create a fully integrated Calendar system based on thread information. Each calender entry links back to the thread it was created from.

Features:
  • Add or remove calendar dates directly from thread tools
  • Thread view shows which Calendar dates have been added
  • Today's calendar events are shown in the forum home
  • Calendar link in navigation bar
  • Fully customizable holiday option
  • Fully phrased
(Example of Calendar)...

Read more about this resource...

Looks great. Maybe some quick ideas:

- add a calendar link to navigation bar
- add an option to check show in calendar when creating new thread (based on forum permission with option to select date)
- option to automatically show threads in calendar from the specified forum

Looks great. Maybe some quick ideas:

- add a calendar link to navigation bar
- add an option to check show in calendar when creating new thread (based on forum permission with option to select date)
- option to automatically show threads in calendar from the specified forum

Thank you for your input:

1) By default a Calendar link is created next to the New Posts link or Recent Posts if not logged in.

2) I think you will find that most members will not add the calendar entry themselves, so typically the admin or moderator will add the calendar event.

3) This would be a nice option.

1) By default a Calendar link is created next to the New Posts link or Recent Posts if not logged in.
Yes, but it would be great to have an option to display as tab in navbar. Sorry for misunderstanding.

2) I think you will find that most members will not add the calendar entry themselves, so typically the admin or moderator will add the calendar event.
You're right.

3) This would be a nice option.
Thanks.

S, if you don't check off "only admin can create and delete events" does that mean that anyone can create an event? If so is it made on the fly or does it require moderation approvel?

I just installed this but doesn't all seem to work. (unless I'm doing something wrong)

I made a test post and then clicked thread tools and added the event to the calendar. It's showing there when you click calendar but when I click the link on the day, it just goes back to the index page.

Also, there is nothing showing on my index page, I have to click the calendar link to see it.

Otherwise it's looks fantastic!

Reactions: Jak
S, if you don't check off "only admin can create and delete events" does that mean that anyone can create an event? If so is it made on the fly or does it require moderation approvel?

UPDATED 12/24/2013

As of v1.4 the following users can add and remove events:

1) The thread starter
2) Any of the three users set in the admin control panel options

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

If the Admin Only is unchecked, any logged in member can add or remove calendar events. In the years I've been running this add-on on my forum, not a single time has this been an issue.

Shouldn't you make individual permissions for add and remove?

Hi Mike,

If the Admin Only is unchecked, any logged in member can add or remove calendar events. In the years I've been running this add-on on my forum, not a single time has this been an issue.

perfect, exactly what i been looking for

Hi bobs409,

One of the requirements of this add-on is that you use Full Friendly URLs. This is an easy thing to switch in your admin control panel.

Thank you Andy. That fixed the link problem. The only thing not working yet is the events are not showing up on my index page like your screenshot showed.

This is by far my favorite add on yet! Job well done sir! (y)

Thank you for the kind words, bobs409.

Regarding the Calendar Events showing up on the Forum Home page, make sure there is an event for today. The Calendar Events only show for today's events.

You should also let it show events that aren't just today.

Doh! My mistake. That makes sense, no need showing anything without an event.

Gonna go kick the tires some more on this great add on. You made my day. :)

Top Bottom