Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 5.9

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I would like to be able to add events to the calendar that are not tied to any specific threads or posts. I have over 100 events that I would like to bulk add manually somehow. Is this something I can do? Would I have to treat them as Holidays in order to do it or can they be added in another way?

This is a great addon @AndyB and a big thanks for it.

If I may just say one thing that it so desperately needs is the ability to bring it out of it shell and to help users to know it is there by being able to have a specific forum(s) allocated to events and a button in those specific forums to add to calendar.

Currently with the add to calendar being hidden in the thread options is missed by users, they don't know it is there and every new user to a site wouldn't know. Plus having the ability to add events to the calendar from a specific Events forum(s) only and not every single forum thread helps to keep a site much cleaner and easier for a user to use. Just my thoughts in terms of very quickly needed options as the calendar on my site is now hardly used compared to another calendar system I had in XFv1.

Thanks again for your great addons

HI There,

A couple of questions if I may.

1. Can you set times for each event?
2. Can you have multiple events on each day?
3. Can you 'invite' people to that event / thread?
4. Is there a demo somewhere where I can have a look / play?

HI There,

A couple of questions if I may.

1. Can you set times for each event?
2. Can you have multiple events on each day?
3. Can you 'invite' people to that event / thread?
4. Is there a demo somewhere where I can have a look / play?

I don't think you'll get answers to your questions :(

Hello, Andy -

we've upgraded our forum to XF 2.0.5. Before that, I removed the old Calendar addon, and after the upgrade I installed Calendar 2.5. Installation was fine, but I do not have the controls (pic. 4) to add a thread to the Calendar. Any idea how to solve this?

Update: fixed. I forgot to set the permissions.

How about annual events? At the moment it only seems to go weekly...

pic008-jpg.171135

Is the linking to thread user based or general? Also what if the user/users post 100 threads in that day (i.e a busy forum), how would it look on the calendar?

I am getting an error message in chrome

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at (index):3319
Code:
$("#month").change(function(){
    $("#frmCalendar").submit();
});

(index):3368 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at (index):3368
Code:
$("#monthNarrow").change(function(){
    $("#frmCalendarNarrow").submit();