XF 2.2 Bug when using mobile phone

Solution
While I'm still unclear on the specific details, it seems this is a known issue with the latest version of Froala, v4.1.2.

We have rolled back to the last-known "good" version, v4.0.19.

Hopefully the issues are now resolved for you guys (although sometimes caching can be a bit tricky and may stick around for a bit).
I think it might be a settings feature down your end (you're the admin). Some where i can't reach it because it's only on iphone 14 and on xf.
I have pm'd you.

Well, this is strange. iPad Pro, 16.6, Safari. The editor does not fully load but I can still type text and attach an image. Page refreshes don’t change anything, so I will update the iOS and clear website data to see what happens next. (Safari: First Attachment)

Edit: For context, I hadn't used this iPad with Xenforo.com in quite some time. Just thought it'd be worth a shot to see if this pops up on a device that hadn't been here in awhile.

Edit2: Chrome works fine, Safari is still choking on something…. (Chrome: 2nd Attachment)

Edit3: After a bunch of page reloads, Safari finally decided to play ball. (3rd Attachment)

In summary, a device restart and a bunch of refreshes... 😐

Attachments

• IMG_0008.webp
    IMG_0008.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0009.webp
    IMG_0009.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0010.webp
    IMG_0010.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
No idea currently. It isn’t affecting everyone and until we can reproduce it we cannot fix it.
Yes, it is most likely another issue with apple/safari.

Still consistently fine on my mac, my phone - but my ipad (now upgraded to 16.7) still has issues no matter now many restarts / refreshes.

FWIW once the post is submitted, the AJAX loading icon in the top corner is cycling indefinitely.

There have been further reports of this now but still no way for us to debug this because it is working fine for us.

If anyone who is affected feels comfortable connecting their iPhone to their Mac via USB and doing remote debugging through the Safari browser that will be useful, but for now we’re going to have to wait and see if this rights itself or we get more information.

If anything I reckon it's a bug with that editor you use. Check with them to see if there any fix as it's showing up with no editor on Apple products iPhone 14 and iPad products.

IMG_0939.webpOk on firefox browser for mobile. Sounds like it's a safari problem
Excited Pink GIF by Primark

There have been further reports of this now but still no way for us to debug this because it is working fine for us.

If anyone who is affected feels comfortable connecting their iPhone to their Mac via USB and doing remote debugging through the Safari browser that will be useful, but for now we’re going to have to wait and see if this rights itself or we get more information.
It seems to be a safari bug with your editor. Just changed browsers and it works

Top Bottom