XF 2.2 Bug when using mobile phone

Solution
While I'm still unclear on the specific details, it seems this is a known issue with the latest version of Froala, v4.1.2.

We have rolled back to the last-known "good" version, v4.0.19.

Hopefully the issues are now resolved for you guys (although sometimes caching can be a bit tricky and may stick around for a bit).
We wouldn’t recommend that as a solution necessarily as obviously the software should work on iOS 16 too.

But in this case I suspect it’s browser caching and it will resolve itself soon enough.

We wouldn’t recommend that as a solution necessarily as obviously the software should work on iOS 16 too.
I'm suggesting it from the point of view of troubleshooting rather than a full solution. Of course, you want it to work properly on a multitude of older operating systems, browsers etc.

@digitalpoint Reading your post reminds me that sometimes Safari goes a bit haywire, preventing me from posting - the post button reacts, but nothing else happens. Closing and restarting the browser fixes it. Another one is where pages suddenly stop loading, which happens on Wi-Fi or cellular and perhaps one or two others. Hence, @aussiefooty could just try restarting it and seeing if it fixes it. And yeah, rebooting the iPhone isn't a bad idea either.

I think there’s something fundamentally wrong with the keyboard in iOS 16. Like my iPad wouldn’t show the keyboard when trying to enter the passcode when it first reboots. Have to hit the lock button and try again like 5 or 6 times until it would show. That’s just trying to unlock device (not in an app). Weirdly it was never my phone, only my iPad. And I think it finally resolved itself after upgrading to iOS 17 (at least hasn’t happened yet that I’ve seen).

I think these bugs show up on some models more than others and I've not seen your one.

For example, I've had touchscreen problems on my iPad Pro 2017 for years, when eventually they got more or less fixed after an update and got incrementally better after that. It's still not completely fixed though. I think the root cause may be hardware related as holding it a certain way and tilting it made it much worse. Of course, this problem has never even been acknowledged by Apple, despite forums being full of people complaining bitterly about it. Funny that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom