XF 2.2 Bug when using mobile phone

Solution
While I'm still unclear on the specific details, it seems this is a known issue with the latest version of Froala, v4.1.2.

We have rolled back to the last-known "good" version, v4.0.19.

Hopefully the issues are now resolved for you guys (although sometimes caching can be a bit tricky and may stick around for a bit).
While I'm still unclear on the specific details, it seems this is a known issue with the latest version of Froala, v4.1.2.

Hopefully the issues are now resolved for you guys (although sometimes caching can be a bit tricky and may stick around for a bit).

Solution

Fixed for me too.

Funny how I never saw this problem on my iPhone or iPad while others did. I wonder what the difference was that it works properly on those.

Funny how I never saw this problem on my iPhone or iPad while others did. I wonder what the difference was that it works properly on those.
I’m not entirely sure what caused the inconsistency other than it’s a bugged user agent check on iOS.

That’s three versions in a row from Froala with show stopping bugs.

I’m not entirely sure what caused the inconsistency other than it’s a bugged user agent check on iOS.

That’s three versions in a row from Froala with show stopping bugs.
Might mean it's telling you something.
I mean you did say something about looking for a new editor in the any roadmap to 2.3 thread.

The wheels are in motion, but that won’t be a 2.3 thing unfortunately.
All I ask is that whatever Froala is eventually replaced with won't feel like a downgrade.

Again, while I understand why you use a third party product since you explained it a while back, going by the smooth way XF works, I'd have more confidence in you guys developing your own editor that really makes the most of XF and doesn't have those stupid long term bugs in it either. Never say never. :)

All I ask is that whatever Froala is eventually replaced with won't feel like a downgrade.

Again, while I understand why you use a third party product since you explained it a while back, going by the smooth way XF works, I'd have more confidence in you guys developing your own editor that really makes the most of XF and doesn't have those stupid long term bugs in it either. Never say never. :)
It absolutely won’t be a downgrade. It’s an upgrade in every conceivable way. It just won’t be ready for a while.

Or we all help you find better third party editor that can be used for everyone.
We’ve already found one and it is actively in development.

Top Bottom