Brogan

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Free Brogan"? So he made a choice of stepping down as a moderator and now you want him to be "set free"? Dude, he already set himself free.

"Free Brogan" just doesn't make sense at all.
Bring Brogan Back is too long. Free Brogan is short and sounds cooler.

Bring Brogan Back is too long. Free Brogan is short and sounds cooler.

Let Brogan do what he wants. He is not a prisoner, I really wish he was back too but it would be very selfish of me to expecting him to do it because we want it. What is in it for him, some happy people plus the people that make things hard for him.

From what I understand he is welcome back (I hope I didn't get this wrong). If he wants to come back he will, if not he will not. Did you ever get a date by begging?

I honestly am not trying to sound mean. This is just not the way to get him back.

Let Brogan do what he wants. He is not a prisoner, I really wish he was back too but it would be very selfish of me to expecting him to do it because we want it. What is in it for him, some happy people plus the people that make things hard for him.

From what I understand he is welcome back (I hope I didn't get this wrong). If he wants to come back he will, if not he will not. Did you ever get a date by begging?

I honestly and not trying to sound mean. This is just not the way to get him back.
I'm not going to beg or create any threads here on this topic. Just gonna keep the avatar up and the sig in place until he comes back. I'm doing my part.

I'm actually glad Brogan stepped down. Not because of any malice or spite from this board, but because at the rate he was working there was sure to be burn out. It's better that he man up and step down than to blow a fuse and jump off a bridge or something. Sometimes people forget that there's another human being reading the words they're typing, and it's not just "some other guy I don't know". He deserves a break.

Plus, we all know that Brogan was really just a shell script that would automatically respond to questions and provide help. Chances are the CPU went BBQ with all the processing going on.

Joined the movement for you. :) Though I'm not sure if Brogan will be re-modded. We'll see what happens.

Nice pic btw! (y)
Me neither but it's worth a shot and thank you! I didn't create it, it's just a spin-off of Free Yayo.

Yayo Smilie:
yayo.gif

Free Yayo shirts

Free%20Yayo%20Shirt.jpg

Eminem

Eminem+EMzy.jpg

Brogan was and is one of the best moderators I know. While I understand his reasons, it's sad to see him go.

Especially so as now we can't make any more broganbot jokes.

Disappointing to hear the reasons for him leaving, disapointed in the leadership here at XF, if that's the case.

I was kinda hoping, perhaps a little naively, that such silence and...covertness, was IB's territory and this was supposed to be an open and much better company.

Perhaps I was wrong then.

No more southern comfort for you Mr Darby!

Brogan has helped me so many times, I cannot even count. Not to mention, the responses were quick, pleasant an on point. I have a great appreciation for everything he's done for my sites and for XenForo.

I've been involved with forums for about a decade now and I've been admin on forums for around 7 of those years. I've dallied with phpBB and IPB but vB was the software that I stuck with for most of that time.

When I first heard about XF, I wasn't that keen on it until I started posting on these forums. In the early days (and every day since) it was Brogan who sold the product to me. I kept raising objections saying XF cant do XYZ and Brogan would say yes it can, just do this and this.

Brogan was also one of the main reasons why the XF 'support' forums ended up being the XF 'community' forums and it is this 'community' aspect which has led to so many user buying extra licenses to support XF against the big bad IB.

I'm sure KAM are reading this thread because if this was my community then I would be reading it too. All I would say to those 3 guys is that sometimes you come across individuals that you have to make special exceptions for. And Brogan is certainly (in the context of XF) one of those people.

So please help yourselves to a slice of humble pie and ask him to return. What do you have to lose? The most he can do is say 'get lost' but if he accepts and returns to XF then you will increase the value of not only your community but also your product. With Kier not posting as often and Mike/Ashley being less vocal you need to keep some sense of continuity for community members. For just about every XF customer you have, Brogan has always been that sense of continuity so you will lose nothing but gain everything by inviting him back.

You can totally ignore my advice, it's your forums but we're all Admins here and I'd like to think we know a thing or two about communty. We cant all be wrong.

Thanks Brogan for all of your assistance directly, in posts and by compiling the vast array of FAQs. There are others that have been beneficial with their help and I do not mean to discount their efforts but Brogan was certainly the most visible.

I also want to thank him for his contributions to this site and the software developed here.

But if I understand his action right, there is something going on and KAM think it could have a negative impact if it is told in public here. But this is not our business. ;)

Good luck everyone! May you succeed in what you try to do.

And I'm sure, Paul will be back once the things are sorted out. Addicts always come back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom