Brogan

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, finally an announcement has been made, I can put all my concerns down to rest and wish the best to Brogan. :)

While nice to hear SOMETHING, I was hoping for something a bit more substantial.

I'll take what I can get. Thanks, Ashley!

Quite frankly, I think the whole "What's going to happen next with XenForo" is quite laughable at this point. It's beyond annoying coming on here and seeing a new "update me please" thread almost on a daily basis.

Brogan probably knows less than we do about the future of the software. His job was to keep the forum running smoothly and clean up threads which got out of hand (which I think he did rather well). If he's not in a position to comment on the software, then he shouldn't be blamed for not doing so. Such a decision has to come from the top down.

I got tired just from reading the new title threads were given about the future of XenForo, so I can sympathise with Brogan in that he probably had to read every post. That job would bore me to tears so it's understandable why you would want to give it up. It's just a shame he had to step down as a result of it.

Brogan never had a vBulletin forum.
Sorry, I wasn't referring to Brogan. Brogan is actually an essential part of the XF team IMHO. His insight to help people was above reproach from what I had seen.

The problem though as we all know from running a forum, no exclusions to XF staff either, you are a target for all the ******** and you really do need to put on your teflon coating before sticking on your mod / admin hat. I ignore / do not respond to more messages on my own sites than I actually reply, for that exact reason.

People see mod / admin and immediately think they can fix all their problems for them personally, when really on this type of site, the only PC staff should ever engage in is one that is of a private nature. If the topic is not absolutely essential to privacy, then support and forum means should be used.

Quite honestly, I would hate to be in Brogans shoes just guessing at the amount of messages he arrived with daily here, by people thinking he was their personal helper. Unfortunately for staff, they usually always look like the bad guy.

The problem that a few clicky people made a scene and left, is an exact issue in itself of those members IMHO who think they have a status upon a businesses website... to the point they choose to leave and they have to behave poorly prior to going and/or make a scene about it, being this thread.

It is impossible as a business to please everyone. Simple as that.

Yeah... Brogan has been dealing with a lot of crap on here for the last month, it more likely has to do with the fact that he's gotten fed up with it, and didn't feel like dealing with it anymore when he gets nothing in return.

Seems like some folks got wrong idea about being a customer to paid software . "You can't just insult someone just cause you invested your money in that company" . It's not like they don't have any choice nor they were forced into buying .

Sorry, I wasn't referring to Brogan. Brogan is actually an essential part of the XF team IMHO. His insight to help people was above reproach from what I had seen.

The problem though as we all know from running a forum, no exclusions to XF staff either, you are a target for all the bull**** and you really do need to put on your teflon coating before sticking on your mod / admin hat. I ignore / do not respond to more messages on my own sites than I actually reply, for that exact reason.

People see mod / admin and immediately think they can fix all their problems for them personally, when really on this type of site, the only PC staff should ever engage in is one that is of a private nature. If the topic is not absolutely essential to privacy, then support and forum means should be used.

Quite honestly, I would hate to be in Brogans shoes just guessing at the amount of messages he arrived with daily here, by people thinking he was their personal helper. Unfortunately for staff, they usually always look like the bad guy.

The problem that a few clicky people made a scene and left, is an exact issue in itself of those members IMHO who think they have a status upon a businesses website... to the point they choose to leave and they have to behave poorly prior to going and/or make a scene about it, being this thread.

It is impossible as a business to please everyone. Simple as that.
True. I think he should've just taken a leave of absence if it was bothering him. Nothing wrong with that. Matter-of-fact, Brogan was such a major figure on here with his ninja posts and helpful answers that it's still hard for me to accept. I still kinda don't believe it. Even his signature was helpful with all the valuable links in it lol.

I didn't really want to respond in this way but I feel I need to clear something up.

I didn't step down because of all the complaints, criticisms, insults and whatever else which has been thrown my way with increasing frequency and severity of late.
The kind of people on other sites who throw insults and accusations around without a single clue as to what the real situation is are nothing more than typical internet loud-mouths who are unworthy of my time.

I stepped down because I have been begging for months for additional moderators to be appointed and an announcement to be made, to let the customers know what is happening.

Unfortunately that has been falling on deaf ears for so long I was left with no other choice.

I knew my action would finally cause something to happen, so you could say I did it for the community.

Thanks for the comments and good wishes everyone.

I didn't really want to respond in this way but I feel I need to clear something up.

I didn't step down because of all the complaints, criticisms, insults and whatever else which has been thrown my way with increasing frequency and severity of late.
The kind of people on other sites who throw insults and accusations around without a single clue as to what the real situation is are nothing more than typical internet loud-mouths who are unworthy of my time.

I stepped down because I have been begging for months for additional moderators to be appointed and an announcement to be made, to let the customers know what is happening.

Unfortunately that has been falling on deaf ears for so long I was left with no other choice.

I knew my action would finally cause something to happen, so you could say I did it for the community.

Oh okay Wow you took one for the team. Kind of drastic but it got the job done.

Pretty much a damn shame it took that if you ask me.

Join the movement.

Free Brogan

300x300.
FreeBrogan2.jpg

or

FreeBroganShirt.jpg

On May 6th, 2012, the top poster on xenforo.com Brogan, stepped down from moderating xenforo.com forums to make a point. We need more moderators and an update on what's going on. The higher-ups did not listen and now we are missing our most valuable poster.

The help that is the combination of Jake Bunce and Brogan has been the perfect tag-team to customer support on Xenforo. Brogan was a major figure on xenforo with his ninja posts helpful answers and helpful signature links.

We need Brogan back. In the same spirit that Kier and Mike should be forgiven by IB due to all their great contributions to vBulletin, Brogan should be forgiven for stepping down and re-modded due to all his great contributions to the community.

Brogan is no longer free to moderate the community like he used to. That's not the Brogan we know. He should be able to moderate xenforo as before with a team (the new mods) to help shoulder the load. By adding a Free Brogan logo to your avatar or signature, you can bring awareness to the staff at xenforo that they have lost a valuable staff member who cannot be replaced and should be reinstated for the good of the community.

Free Brogan!

Who is Brogan?

Brogan - Member since July 30, 2010
Resources: 33
Moderator (former)

Haha epic picture (y)

All the best Paul. Thanks for all the help in the past. You have been an excellent bot.. ehm mod here at XF. Much respect :thumbsup:

Free Brogan !
Brogan should be forgiven for stepping down and re-modded due to all his great contributions to the community.

Kinda like how Kier and Mike should be forgiven by IB due to all their great contributions to vBulletin.

Just saying...

Wow... I must say, this is extremely disappointing... How the heads of XF couldn't make time for such a key individual speaks volumes... IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom