Brogan

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Floris and Shelley have done this in the past. They are both passionate and talented people. The passion cup doth runeth over at times and that's what happens from time to time.

Hopefully they will both cool down and allow their talents to shine and continue to give back to community-based sites. If not, then I wish them both the best of luck in all that they do.

But, I'm not ready to push any "panic" buttons at this point. My xF software is running beautifully and there have been updates from Mike that things are moving forward. So, I'm not worried at all about xenForo at this point.
Shelley is unable to fully support the graphics here due to being moderated. That is the main reason; she also had the most resources posted here iirc, so she's only leaving the most used ones here.

You can still get all her work at her site: http://bbsmiley.com
http://bbsmiley.com

The deletion of threads is particularly worrisome.

I didn't see the last portion of the thread, but it got derailed when I went to sleep around 1:30am PST. More than likely it went further downhill, and wasn't worth closing.

If you are not a member of her site, you cannot access those items that she's removed from the resources area. (Registration is closed...) Just an FYI.
I'll let her know when I see her on then.

She had a bunch of people getting a bit insulting because she requires posts before you can download resources, which is what lead to closing registration.

I can understand why she closed it(registrations), people would come in and spam, or just be complete asses. Sorry to see it end up like this though :(

I'm going to post this as I am actually seriously concerned about the future of XenForo, with all this happening and losing the biggest assets left in XenForo seems like it might really be time to look elsewhere? I mean, I don't even want to, but it might be best for our community? Should we wait?

Reactions: fos
I'm going to post this as I am actually seriously concerned about the future of XenForo, with all this happening and losing the biggest assets left in XenForo seems like it might really be time to look elsewhere? I mean, I don't even want to, but it might be best for our community? Should we wait?
'The biggest assets' is a tad bit of an overstatement. I agree, brogan was one the best members we have here, however Kier and Mike actually develop the software, no disrespect meant here, just saying. Also, Shelley's resources are not the biggest assets on XF, although they are some fantastic resources, plus they are still available on her site (y) I personally think that you should maintain your installation with XF right now, as development is still on track as far as we know. If 1.2 isn't released towards the end of the year, I might begin to make preparations to move in a worst-case scenario ;) Just my person suggestion ;)
Wait for sometime and we may see RM Release or XF 1.2 :)
+1 :)

'The biggest assets' is a tad bit of an overstatement. I agree, brogan was one the best members we have here, however Kier and Mike actually develop the software, no disrespect meant here, just saying. Also, Shelley's resources are not the biggest assets on XF, although they are some fantastic resources, plus they are still available on her site (y) I personally think that you should maintain your installation with XF right now, as development is still on track as far as we know. If 1.2 isn't released towards the end of the year, I might begin to make preparations to move in a worst-case scenario ;) Just my person suggestion ;)

+1 :)
Shelley will likely still do resources for XenForo, just mostly through her site.

It really isn't logical to post all of them on here and support them all.

Clearly you're new to this web site.
I'm not new to people though. Helping out and creating styles and modifications for people who are genuinely grateful is a good deed and blessing to those who truly deserve it. Those who don't or don't care about what you've done aren't worth your time. That's why you should ignore them and/or report their posts When you quit, the good people suffer and the bad guys prevail. Some of the people who quit or gave up are leaders in this community, whether they want to or not.

The funny thing about helping people is that you not only become a servant, you also become a leader for those who can't do what you do because you set the example. Quitting ain't cool man. That's all I'm saying.

Shelley will likely still do resources for XenForo, just mostly through her site.

It really isn't logical to post all of them on here and support them all.
I look forward to seeing them :)
I agree, it's not logical especially considering her situation ;)

Look, here's the long and short of it from my perspective:
  1. If you don't have internal conflict in an organization and you are a very public staff member, you announce your departure at least a week in advance and publicly discuss the reasons and the succession plan.
  2. If you do have internal conflict in an organization, your very public staff member abruptly quits by updating his status (not even a forum post), and deleting his avatar, thereby leaving the situation in chaos in a final "stickin' it to ya' move.
Brogan chose #2.

And this is the same reason I will soon be changing how I post on this website (only for support or releases). This community is simply terrible (not all obviously).

Moderators do their job for a reason, people don't like authority... simple as that. Brogan obviously got sick of the ****. The only issue I can see XenForo having right now is a drop in sales because of this community.

1. If you don't have internal conflict in an organization and you are a very public staff member, you announce your departure at least a week in advance and publicly discuss the reasons and the succession plan.
  2. If you do have internal conflict in an organization, your very public staff member abruptly quits by updating his status (not even a forum post), and deleting his avatar, thereby leaving the situation in chaos in a final "stickin' it to ya' move.
Brogan chose #2.
Yeah... Brogan has been dealing with a lot of crap on here for the last month, it more likely has to do with the fact that he's gotten fed up with it, and didn't feel like dealing with it anymore when he gets nothing in return.

Yeah... Brogan has been dealing with a lot of crap on here for the last month, it more likely has to do with the fact that he's gotten fed up with it, and didn't feel like dealing with it anymore when he gets nothing in return.
Sounds like he's not getting any support from the top. As an admin, I give my moderators full control over the community and they know that I will back them publicly on whatever moves they make.

Brogan chose #2.
Alright well here's a new theory, just throwing it out there.

What Really Happened:

Brogan: *puts Killer Elite sunglasses on, Cranks up the banhammer to Transport the trolls to ban-land since they're Expendable.

KierAndMike: We might lose other paying customers if we start banning the trolling ones.

Brogan: sadface, leaves.

Sounds like he's not getting any support from the top. As an admin, I give my moderators full control over the community and they know that I will back them publicly on whatever moves they make.
Mike stepped in and made a statement, Kier posted his reason for inactivity. People wanted more information, which is what always happens.

If I was in Brogans shoes, I'd have snapped a long time ago (I take 3-7 day breaks once a month here because I get fedup with the drama) and have stepped down.

Not going to speculate as to why someone stepped down. It happens all the time and with a board this big it's a full-time job. Without pay. His reasons are his own and I respect the man and will do the same for his decisions.

Have they promoted anyone to replace him?

Mike stepped in and made a statement, Kier posted his reason for inactivity. People wanted more information, which is what always happens.

If I was in Brogans shoes, I'd have snapped a long time ago (I take 3-7 day breaks once a month here because I get fedup with the drama) and have stepped down.
That's a good idea. Wish I could do that to all XenForo work in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom