Brogan

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Syndol

Is it just me or the whole thread about Brogan leaving has disappeared?

Yup, it's gone. Not sure why, but maybe over the evening hours there was some bickering or something on there.

I mean, when people cannot control themselves and be adults, then someone has to step in. I understand it.

I can understand closing it (maybe) but deleting it????
And what the heck is going on with a bunch of other people leaving?
What have I missed?!

Who else? I haven't seen anything aside from Brogan stepping down as a moderator and Shelley deleting her graphic releases.

Floris sent out an email this morning

With this email I want to thank you for your contributions and support for XenFans.com, unfortunately this is the last e-mail you will receive from this community as I am closing it down with no chance of it coming back in the future. Replying to this email is not possible. Nobody is reading it.

XenForo is a great product, and the guys Mike, Kier and Ashley are great and have done an amazing job. Please do continue using their awesome software to power your community. Using anything else is an insult to your members.

However, due to personal reasons, along with how I am being treated by various people on and off XenForo.com and how things are going on there it's clear that it's time to move on and avoid all this negativity. And that there's no reason for me to reconsider coming back after my break earlier this year.

In the last quarter of 2011 it was a forced choice to move the site into archive mode. We made sure that existing members like you could still login and read content, and download any attachment. We wish things would have gone differently but my own health, and for other personal reasons, things simply went as they went.

Now it's a deliberate choice by me. After giving everybody almost six months the time to get any resource they wanted, and making sure they would all work on the latest version, it's time to avoid any further negativity and have a great summer.

Thank you all. Especially all our private admins, public admins, community managers, moderators, writers, and anybody that contributed in a positive way to our community. It was really a great time on our site.

The site won't re-open, it won't be given away, nor has it been or will it be sold. And please remember that content is copyrighted and that nobody has permission to distribute it.

So please login before June if you want to download a .zip file or read any documentation. As I can't promise that the private admin will submit them to XenForo.com in the future. And I can't promise the site will be available this summer and beyond.

Any of my friends who desire to stay in touch can contact me on mrfloris@gmail.com

After a decade it's time to leave 'forums' behind me. Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Floris
founder, owner http://xenfans.com

Both Floris and Shelley have done this in the past. They are both passionate and talented people. The passion cup doth runeth over at times and that's what happens from time to time.

Hopefully they will both cool down and allow their talents to shine and continue to give back to community-based sites. If not, then I wish them both the best of luck in all that they do.

But, I'm not ready to push any "panic" buttons at this point. My xF software is running beautifully and there have been updates from Mike that things are moving forward. So, I'm not worried at all about xenForo at this point.

But, I'm not ready to push any "panic" buttons at this point. My xF software is running beautifully and there have been updates from Mike that things are moving forward. So, I'm not worried at all about xenForo at all at this point.

Thanks for the update. I'm not *too* worried either, but I feel something needs to be said officially sooner rather than later.

I quite honestly believe that some members over-stepped their mark when coming over from VB to XF. Floris was a prominent person with VB, but that does not mean anything with XF. Others the same. None of us have any rights on this forum, the same as any forum, outside of our purchase and the support license that comes with that purchase. Our contributions and activity upon the public face of this site is really at the discretion of XF itself.

I quite honestly believe that some members over-stepped their mark when coming over from VB to XF. Floris was a prominent person with VB, but that does not mean anything with XF. Others the same. None of us have any rights on this forum, the same as any forum, outside of our purchase and the support license that comes with that purchase. Our contributions and activity upon the public face of this site is really at the discretion of XF itself.
Brogan never had a vBulletin forum.

Both Floris and Shelley have done this in the past. They are both passionate and talented people. The passion cup doth runeth over at times and that's what happens from time to time.

Hopefully they will both cool down and allow their talents to shine and continue to give back to community-based sites. If not, then I wish them both the best of luck in all that they do.

But, I'm not ready to push any "panic" buttons at this point. My xF software is running beautifully and there have been updates from Mike that things are moving forward. So, I'm not worried at all about xenForo at this point.

I haven't left in the past, and then came back. I only closed my site for personal reasons, and left it running in archive mode.

Now I am gone. I am waiting for my last license to be transferred, giving it away to someone.
And then I will disagree to the terms of services after that. This community I am done with.

Seeing how, that since I tried to put more time into XenForo again the last few weeks, I've had nothing but big mouths and trolling msgs in private, on other forums and this web site. It's clear that there's no reason for me to reconsider bringing back XenFans, and seeing how customers are here lately there's nothing that keeps me here as a customer either. Everybody always says to just ignore the idiocy but it seems that's not possible. Shrug, whatever, time to go. Let them rant and rave about me here and there, etc.

I have better things to do than constantly feeling like i have to defend myself.
It's pathetic how judgementful and 'jumping to assumptions' people can be, not to mention that they always have to urge to jump on everything that I say.

Egg on my face huh, for helping so much during the vBulletin and XenForo days?

It has nothing to do with Brogan leaving. Leave me out of the brogan discussion? Thanks.

Thank you Amy for the kind words, as for everybody else who I did receive positive msgs from.

Sorry to learn that Brogan left. I wish Kier/Mike & Ashley the best of luck.

I haven't left in the past, and then came back. I only closed my site for personal reasons, and left it running in archive mode.

Now I am gone. I am waiting for my last license to be transferred, giving it away to someone.
And then I will disagree to the terms of services after that. This community I am done with.

Seeing how, that since I tried to put more time into XenForo again the last few weeks, I've had nothing but big mouths and trolling msgs in private, on other forums and this web site. It's clear that there's no reason for me to reconsider bringing back XenFans, and seeing how customers are here lately there's nothing that keeps me here as a customer either. Everybody always says to just ignore the idiocy but it seems that's not possible. Shrug, whatever, time to go. Let them rant and rave about me here and there, etc.

I have better things to do than constantly feeling like i have to defend myself.
It's pathetic how judgementful and 'jumping to assumptions' people can be, not to mention that they always have to urge to jump on everything that I say.

Egg on my face huh, for helping so much during the vBulletin and XenForo days?

It has nothing to do with Brogan leaving. Leave me out of the brogan discussion? Thanks.

Thank you Amy for the kind words, as for everybody else who I did receive positive msgs from.

Sorry to learn that Brogan left. I wish Kier/Mike & Ashley the best of luck.
Report their posts instead of defending yourself all the time and use the ignore feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom