XF 1.4 Bounced Email Address

I think i have this working just tested it on a test account and indeed it locked the account down thats good. I have bounced emails forwarding to a bounce address in mandrill also. However, is says delivered yet there is no email in the bounce account? Does it just stay empty?

I'm confused. Half of your message implied that it worked correctly:
I think i have this working just tested it on a test account and indeed it locked the account down thats good.
And then half implied that no email was received (thus it couldn't have worked):
However, is says delivered yet there is no email in the bounce account? Does it just stay empty?
Are these referring to the same thing?

When XF processes mail, the mail is removed from the mailbox. You can see it in the bounce processing logs.

I have tried everything but I can't make it work. Can you please tell me if there is something wrong with my settings?

bounce.jpg

It's not clear what issue you're having. What element isn't working (and what makes you think that)? Are you receiving any errors?

I have created a couple of testing accounts with fake email addresses requesting email confirmation, but I'm getting no bounced returns or any action from xf automated bounced email system.

Have you confirmed they were received by the bounce account? (Note that in some circumstances, connecting to the account may mean that XF doesn't see the messages. This is more for POP3 though.)

If so and the bounce cron has run, are there any errors logged? Are there any entries in the bounce log?

Have you confirmed they were received by the bounce account?
No, I'm not receiving anything related with the testing accounts.
This is more for POP3 though
I just set IMAP for few hours. I'm using POP (110) setting.
If so and the bounce cron has run, are there any errors logged? Are there any entries in the bounce log?
I just it manually again right now. No server errors or entries in the bounce log except a couple entries from spam emails marked with "no action" .

Last edited:
This is somewhat off-topic, but be careful using mail servers like Gmail and Outlook for sending out mass emails such as verification emails to complete forum registration. When I was using the http://domains.live.com mail server, they suspended my email because it was "sending out too many messages at once." I don't know Gmails TOS, but I'd just double check it.

No, I'm not receiving anything related with the testing accounts.
That's the problem. Since you mentioned entries in the bounce log, that side is working correctly.

You need to check that emails sent from your forum have the correct Return-Path header (it will be near the top of the headers). It's possible the mail service you're using is blocking or rewriting it. (We normally recommend sending through the default PHP method rather than an external SMTP server. Make sure you enable -f for that if you do try to switch to it.)

I'm confused. Half of your message implied that it worked correctly:

And then half implied that no email was received (thus it couldn't have worked):

Are these referring to the same thing?

When XF processes mail, the mail is removed from the mailbox. You can see it in the bounce processing logs.
I got a little confused myself. However, going back over your posts and instructions on this feature i see that it is working perfectly. Thanks again for all the help.

Hi. I'm getting this error. Did I enter the details correctly?

Code:
Error Info

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: cannot connect to host; error = Connection timed out (errno = 110 ) - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Imap.php:100
Generated By: Unknown Account, 23 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 /public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Imap.php(273): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Imap->connect('imap.gmail.com', 993, 'SSL')
#1 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(292): Zend_Mail_Storage_Imap->__construct(Array)
#2/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#3 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
#4/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
#5 /public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(43) "http://www.pinoyexpatforum.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/index.php?threads/forum-rules-guidelines.2618/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
bounce.webp

Top Bottom