Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Bug again?
I got this alert "User bookmarked your post in the thread Thread Title".
But the linked post isn't my post and not also my thread.

The only contribution I made to that post was as an admin/moderator I have edited the post few days ago.

Would love a 2.X version.
At least you didn't make the stupid mistake I did: I bought it thinking it was the XF 2.0 version. Just one of those days. I didn't ask for a refund because he told me the XF2 version would be out soon, but that was back in March. So...maybe by the end of the year? Hopefully it will be before I have to pay a renewal fee to use it. :eek:

It looks like most of this add-on's functionality is being folded into XF2.1

An importer will be provided free of charge, and additional bookmark functionality will be written into a "bookmark essentials" or "bookmark improvements". If it is a paid add-on all users of this add-on will be granted a licence.

Once XF2.1 is out, I can see what the feature differences are. My guess is the 'alerts on content change' feature is something that could be added, but that feature has numerous issues and just isn't that useful IMO.

@Xon
Any update on the importer?
I take a look at the sql structure of this addon and xf 2.1 bookmark and they are very similar. Maybe a simple SQL query can copy recod from this addon into xf 2.1 table?

Reactions: rdn
Can we convert/import "bookmark_content" table from this addon manually to XF2.1.0 built-in data?
Via Mysql query or php script?

Thanks!

Not currently, it is the next thing I plan to work on after Content Rating for XF2.1 is done.

A MySQL import script would be doable, but I haven't had time to look into it

I just upgraded to XF 2.1, and receiving this error from time to time.
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:alert_post_bookmark_edit is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:611

Is this error cause by previously using this addon on XF1.5?

Yes, it will go away once the alerts expire.

Alternatively you can delete the alerts with this SQL;

SQL:
delete from xf_user_alert where content_type = 'post' and action ='bookmark_edit'

• Love
Top Bottom