Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
From my understanding AMS is a private add-on. It's hard for me to gauge how many people would benefit from such an addition so without sponsorship, it's not incredibly likely.

@Daniel Hood i'm having trouble locating where the "Bookmark" link in the post view is defined at. Ultimately, I'd like to move the location of it, but I'm not seeing it in template 'post', which is where the other activities (edit, delete, report, etc.) housed in the same area are found. Likewise, i'm not seeing a template modification that defines where this lives... can you point me in the right direction?

This add-on is actually pretty old and still uses template hooks for that. There are predefined options which you can basically choose to display it on the right or the left (Admin Panel -> Options -> Bookmarks). I should probably convert these to template mods sometime in the near future.

This add-on is actually pretty old and still uses template hooks for that. There are predefined options which you can basically choose to display it on the right or the left (Admin Panel -> Options -> Bookmarks). I should probably convert these to template mods sometime in the near future.
that was almost going to be an issue for me, as i'm moving all of the publicControls contents into a dropdown menu and wanted to re-order the items... luckily, I wanted Bookmarks to fall to the top and not somewhere in the middle. switching the Postbit Link Location Side from right to left resolved this for me. hypothetically, if i wanted to restructure it to fall to a specific place in that bit, would that even be possible right now? (just curious -- as mentioned, for now i want it up top)

Suggestion Security
In bookmarks 1.3.0 in ACP /admin.php?bookmarks/ is accessable for every ACP administrator. That shouldn't be possible, because I don't want every backend admin have access to these sometimes sensitive informations (private forum names, private thread titles). Other addons restrict their ACP page only to given permissions, i wish bookmarks would follow this.

@Daniel Hood, is it possible to implement an ACP Administrator permission to restrict access to this ACP page?

Getting this error after upgrade to 1.7.0. Haven't been able to reproduce what causes error yet.
Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND bookmark_user_id = ?' at line 4 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: joedoe, Today at 3:33 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\r\n\t\t\tSELECT *\r\n...')
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\r\n\t\t\tSELECT *\r\n...')
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\r\n\t\t\tSELECT *\r\n...')
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\r\n\t\t\tSELECT *\r\n...', Array)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/Bookmarks/Model/Bookmarks.php(90): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('\r\n\t\t\tSELECT *\r\n...', Array)
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/Bookmarks/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(24): Bookmarks_Model_Bookmarks->getBookmarkByContentIdsForUser('post', Array, 259054)
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/UserEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(12): Bookmarks_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#7 /home/talkbass/html/library/AVForums/Competitions/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): UserEss_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#8 /home/talkbass/html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(545): AVForums_Competitions_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#9 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#10 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(87) "http://www.talkbass.com/threads/aguilar-obp-3-vs-demeter-beqp-1-onboard-preamps.178854/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Thanks. 1.7.1 is coming soon with 3 bug fixes. Should be by tomorrow or Wednesday.

[Edit] Does that thread not have any posts?

Thanks. 1.7.1 is coming soon with 3 bug fixes. Should be by tomorrow or Wednesday.

[Edit] Does that thread not have any posts?

In xenforo's search results, it says that thread has 4 replies. However, I can't see any posts when clicking on it (just the error message).

Loads with no error, and indeed zero posts load. Looks like Bookmarks is finding some old spiders in our database! :) I'll simply permo-delete these and the other threads that come up with this error.
Either way, I've edited the code to do a sanity check. The error occurs when it's looking for bookmarks but with no content provided.

@Daniel Hood

"A bookmarked indicator on posts that someone has already bookmarked."

Can you show me a screenshot of how this feature looks like when enabled?

Where do I enable it?

I can't seem to find an option to enable it...

Top Bottom