Fixed Blocked forum posts are showing up in "Latest Posts" widget

Bonsai Coder

Affected version
XenForo 2.0.1
In options under Latest Posts widget, I have excluded an off-topic forum called "The Tea House"

screenshot-www.bonsainut.com-2018-01-22-17-33-04.webp

However posts from that forum continue to show up in the Latest Posts widget:

screenshot-www.bonsainut.com-2018-01-22-17-33-39.webp

Had it been previously selected? Try saving the widget again, I'm not able to reproduce it myself on a couple different test sites.

I actually have three widgets that display some version of "latest posts".

I have the one called "forum_overview_new_posts" causing me problems with these settings:

screenshot-www.bonsainut.com-2018-01-22-21-07-18.webp

Then I have the one called "whats_new_new_posts" that is generated in the "what's new" tab. It has these settings:

screenshot-www.bonsainut.com-2018-01-22-21-08-49.webp

And I have a third one with slightly different settings (and different name and key) that I use on the front portal page of the site.

It should be noted that widget #1 and #2 are stock widgets that come with standard XenForo install. Widget #3 I generated myself. Widget #2 and #3 block posts from "The Tea House".

Widget #1 does not.

Unfortunately this is not something I've been able to reproduce either.

So we can investigate further, please create a ticket from your customer area and provide admin and FTP login details.

You've scrolled away, but the very first option in that menu is "all forums". If that's selected, it will take precedence over specifically selected forums.

the very first option in that menu is "all forums". If that's selected, it will take precedence over specifically selected forums.

That was it.

A nice feature might be that if you de-select one of the forums, the "all forums" option automatically turns off.

Just to ask, if I may...

Does this mean the widgets do not follow forum permissions settings? We have private forum areas as well, which we would not want non-members to see.

Yes it does follow permissions. That forum on the OPs site happens to be publicly accessible but I guess he just doesn’t want it showing in the widgets for some reason.

Yes it does follow permissions. That forum on the OPs site happens to be publicly accessible but I guess he just doesn’t want it showing in the widgets for some reason.

Yes, that is exactly it. It is a gardening forum and people only wanted the gardening content in the "new posts" - not the off-topic forum content.

On two of the widgets I deseleted the "all forums" as well as "the tea house". On the first widget I guess I deseleted "the tea house" but the "all forums" remained selected. It is currently a two-step process in order to turn off both settings which are logically redundant and cannot work at the same time.

However it is not a "bug". Working as intended :)

Top Bottom