XF 1.1 Blank "Quote - Reply" and "Edit".

BGL

In my forum and another Xenforo forum I participate in, both using 1.1, I've recently had an issue with "Reply-quote" and "Edit" come up with blank windows vs. either quoting the messaging being replied to or showing the message content to be edited.

Mine is a Network Solutions shared Unix server. Not sure what the other one is.

Is from the server software getting updates to basic stuff and 1.1 needing to be upgraded to 1.2?

There aren't any known issues with replying, but there is a known issue with Firefox 23 and 1.1.4 or older with inline editing. Updating to 1.1.5 (or 1.2) or disabling inline editing should resolve it.

I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make...

If that bug is annoying, surely the best solution is to move to 1.2.X

There are many installations still bound to 1.1.3 because of heavy customization. (you remember, the development stop interruption?) I think almost 50% of live XenForo sites still run 1.1.3.

Unfortunately it takes a lot of time to upgrade those to 1.2 or even 1.1.5.

Just saying it is annoying to have to disable inline editing for all members just because of this small bug in Firefox. There is no further "point" to make. It is like it is.

There aren't any known issues with replying, but there is a known issue with Firefox 23 and 1.1.4 or older with inline editing. Updating to 1.1.5 (or 1.2) or disabling inline editing should resolve it.

Thanks.

I am using Firefox 23 and XenForo 1.1.3. So the change I made was to Firefox 23. Didn''t want to upgrade XenForo just yet for fear of creating problems with customization and add-ons. I guess I could upgrade to 1.1.5 with little risk and then wait until I have the resources lined up to upgrade to 1.2 and upgrade all the add-ons and customizations.

Top Bottom