Black Friday: XenForo special pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realy wish people would stop asking for discounts, its kind of sad, if you want to use premium software, purchase it at full price. Xenforo is worth every penny and probably more. If the price is too much, then look at alternative solutions or free ones, this is a business not a discount store.

IF and when xenforo want to do a discount sale, THEY will announce it. However I wouldn't go holding my breath and to be honest I would expect the next sale to be when Xenforo win the California lawsuit, to give people who were waiting for the suit to finish a chance to jump ship.

I thought Black Friday was a Christian festival held in the Spring based on many much more ancient Near Eastern rites of the Dying God- Attis, Dumuzi, Adonis etc on whom the Christos was based.

So why would XF do anything specially at that time? XF is a secular organisation.
It doesn't favour any particular religion (except the Order of Barefooting)

Or is this a new band or something like that?

Totally support Slavik's post anyway. The whole issue of discounts was thoroughly discussed when XF set up last year.
The XF business model is very sensible. The price is simple, uncomplicated, moderate. Buy it or get a free version board.

I thought Black Friday was a Christian festival held in the Spring based on many much more ancient Near Eastern rites of the Dying God- Attis, Dumuzi, Adonis etc on whom the Christos was based.

:confused: Far from it. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States. Every store (including online stores such as amazon.com) has tremendous discounts (upwards of 75% off) for one day only. Most of those stores open up at midnight. It brings in the cash flow the retail stores need. That is why it is called Black Friday.

It's called Black Friday because most retail businesses operate at a loss from January 1st -> Thanksgiving Day. The sales starting on the day after Thanksgiving put them in the "black". They're going from red ink to black. ;) One bad Thanksgiving/Christmas season and a business can go under (Toys.com, etc.).

It's called Black Friday because most retail businesses operate at a loss from January 1st -> Thanksgiving Day. The sales starting on the day after Thanksgiving put them in the "black". They're going from red ink to black. ;) One bad Thanksgiving/Christmas season and a business can go under (Toys.com, etc.).
ah, wondered why it was called that. never made sense here in the UK though :)

oh right it's a local American festival.
Thanksgiving is an American harvest festival. There is also a Canadian Thanksgiving that happens in October.

In the UK, do you celebrate the Harvest Moon Festival? The northern UK including Scotland used to celebrate Lammas as the date of the wheat harvest. In China, the Moon Festival or Zhongqiu Festival is celebrated in China and Vietnam.

Unfortunately, these traditions seem to be going away as farm-raised produce has been replaced with processed mass-market foods. American Thanksgiving will go on even without the food as it's been closely tied with shopping and American football (or as some call it handegg). ;)

I have just told Ahsley about this thread.

Even when they are going to sell XenForo licenses at a discounted price on Black Friday (I'm 99.9% sure that they are going to do so) obviously they aren't going to tell us right now something like "yes, we got a deal for Black Friday". So better for us to wait until Black Friday comes - again, they are going to make a special offer, I know, believe me ;)

What a coincidence that I was here, thinking "what is black Friday?" and now I know :)

Rest assured, there is no plan for a Black Friday event for XenForo licenses.

Slavik's post rounds it up very well and it has all been said before.

:confused: Far from it. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States. Every store (including online stores such as amazon.com) has tremendous discounts (upwards of 75% off) for one day only. Most of those stores open up at midnight. It brings in the cash flow the retail stores need. That is why it is called Black Friday.
You have to wonder why the stores haven't picked up on the fact that people are probably not buying before this Black Friday for the very reason that they know they're going to make huge savings by waiting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom