If I buy it today, will be no discounts in Black Friday?

elissonamboni

If I buy Xenforo today will be no discounts for persons who buy it in Black Friday? I'm from Brazil, and the current trade between dollar and real (Brazilian coin) is substantively high. So it would be very sad if that happens.

That's a shame. I was going to ask the same question. Didn't you have a December deal last year. I'm checking with another forum software to see if they'll offer discounts to make my final choice.

That's a shame. I was going to ask the same question. Didn't you have a December deal last year. I'm checking with another forum software to see if they'll offer discounts to make my final choice.

Don't base your decision on a discount. Base it on your needs. Also take a look at the renewal fees. They are very reasonable! When you are years in, and on the platform of your choice, you will thank yourself.

If you must know it's Invision Community, they're offering me a 20% discount since I'm a legacy license owner. I also hold an old vBulletin Perpetual License which also gets a discount with them, but we know they're the best now right.

It makes me wonder at times what goes through people's heads when making decisions.
The idea behind any project is to make it succeed, make it successful, the same goes for starting or running a forum - so why base any decision, especially at root level, on a 'discount' ?

Running and maintaining a successful forum is not cheap, the more popular the forum becomes the more the costs ramp up. Offer a second or third rate item and you will not get the traffic, simples as.
In business there is something thing called a USP (Unique Selling Point), basically what sets your service or product apart from everyone else which in turn makes yours more desirable.
Start with the best you can afford but bear in mind that if you come in with a low level product there are hundreds more out there the same as so why should people use or switch to yours.

Thanks guys, I haven't developed a forum in years, I was hoping to get back into it. It takes a long time for growth so initial cost and renewals afterward are a factor as the forums initially make little or no money but add community. Still doing research, looking at Woltlab and SMF forums too, but I am leaning more towards Xenforo. Thanks.

Top Bottom