Where are the black Friday / cyber Monday deals?

Not entirely true. Look into the history of Black Friday and its existence: It's to still be profitable, but to give back some of those profits (to non shareholders) through discounting, be it the manufacturer or merchant.

From a marketing standpoint, it gains shopper loyalty.
Perhaps our add-on developers are giving back profits through Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing all year long?
Quite frankly, I suspect most developers are not making a major income from their work that they need to give back profits, IF they make a profit and considering the time they put into development.

I'm pretty sure every major developer that has a seasonal discount posts it in a thread in that forum. Even if they move up or down by a post, every single relevant thread remains on the first page of that forum (it's a quiet forum, that forum's first page goes back to August 2019). That forum has been used for discounts for years, it's recommended for users to check that forum if they're looking for seasonal discounts on add-ons. It's not really "all over the place" and confusing.
Probably right. Still think there should be an aggregated sticky for certain days posted by XF. I think there'd be more sales driven and it something small they could do to help developers that give so much to the community.

Perhaps our add-on developers are giving back profits through Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing all year long?
Quite frankly, I suspect most developers are not making a major income from their work that they need to give back profits, IF they make a profit and considering the time they put into development.
You're most likely right, but a sale can get someone a lifetime customer. An unmentioned developer gave me a huge discount on 1 product as I was uncertain to getting it or not. I got it. I'll probably get another license from them for another forum I'm working on at full price. And, I'll continuously renew them or even look at other offerings of possible future development.

I'm sure you understand the concept of lifetime value of a customer, and if to get that 1 customer cost you up front, you will eventually break even and profit from them.

Most good Black Friday sales are physical items, not digital ones. And physical retailers outside the US don't try to compete with US ones, because when you chuck in duties and shipping it makes more sense to buy the overpriced local one.
People will order from whomever they can get the best deal, whether that's locally or not, and as it stands right now more than 25% of the world's population shops online. And duties are often not all that much, especially when ordering from many Asian countries. Myself, as an American, I've gotten quite a few good deals from Amazon UK over the years.

Top Bottom