1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcoin is now mainstream - Add Bitcoin as a payment option

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Suggestions' started by ekine, Sep 20, 2013.

1. ekine

ekine Active Member

It would be great if the digital currency "Bitcoin" would be added as a form of payment. This would eliminate the problem of chargebacks.

Here are some solutions:
    1. Bips
    2. Bitpay
    3. Bitmonet

There are already wordpress plugins which lets you monetize digital content.

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'm not a "bitcoin" person. I never really got my head around it.

But I do support any and all 3rd party options outside of paypal so... I'm for it.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The allowed currencies can be defined by the admin, so they could just add BTC. (And all payments are handled externally so that's really all that's necessary now.)

Though I presume you're actually asking that if/when we add payment support, we add Bitcoin support.

intradox and Adam Howard like this.
  4. Adam Howard

2Checkout has my vote when you do decide to add payment support. ;)

5. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Stripe is amazing but limited to only a few markets.

If Bitcoin was ever added, I vote for Bitpay. :)

SneakyDave likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

Never said anything about Stripe

I said, 2Checkout - https://www.2checkout.com/ ;)

Which is the closest you can get to having a merchant account without actually having one.

7. Eelviny

Eelviny Member

Coinbase for Bitcoin is nice for handling transactions.
    Just a suggestion, even if it's the integration part you're looking for.

8. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

Two years later. So I see what you mean by lack of interest. We've had very few requests to add Bitcoin support for member upgrades, but still.

9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I get regular requests for it. Not a massive amount, but still something people request now and then.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  10. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

Well, I assume if there's a simple API that the people here could adapt, it might be feasible. If enough are interested of course.

11. Brett Chitty

Brett Chitty Member

I feel Bitcoin will eventually become the world standard as a currency (largely because it's not under any state control, so it's a freedom currency). So I am interested in this too.

51463 likes this.
  12. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Yeah... It won't, sadly.

That said, BTC prices have risen by $100 in the last 15 days! Boy, I wish I invested all of my savings into Bitcoin on October the 19th.

13. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

We will love to see Bitcoin payment systems built in the core

14. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin has gone mainstream. In my city we can pay with Bitcoin in many places and easier than with cash or credit card. Pretty much any bar or lunchroom takes it. Bitcoin is trendy these days.

15. optrex

optrex Active Member

closed suggestions aren't monitored so any further interest would need to be assessed with a new suggestion.

16. Brett Chitty

Brett Chitty Member

It would be great if the digital currency "Bitcoin" would be added as a form of payment. This would eliminate the problem of chargebacks.

There was a suggestion some two years ago, but was declared by the developers as "Lack of Interest"
    The circumstances have clearly changed now, and there is far more support for Bitcoin all over the world.

Mert, Alfa1 and optrex like this.
  17. Brett Chitty

Brett Chitty Member

optrex and Mert like this.
  18. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

As stated in other thread , i would love to see Bitcoin payment options supported as default with XF 2.0

Brett Chitty likes this.
  19. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've re-opened the original suggestion and merged the threads (maintaining the new title).

Alfa1, Brett Chitty and Mert like this.
  20. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Bitcoin is best processed using Coinbase or Bitpay. I prefer the first one.