Better Analytics

Better Analytics 3.1.1

No permission to download
Since the Upgrade to 3.1.0 the shared computers list is empty (and also stays empty). Is that the right behaviour?

Since the Upgrade to 3.1.0 the shared computers list is empty (and also stays empty). Is that the right behaviour?
No, it's been fixed for next version.

Mine is not empty, but the pagination buttons link directly to the digital-point website. :)
You are using an old version (was already fixed). https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/digitalpoint_betteranalytics-310-zip.3599/notes

@digitalpoint
@xfrocks just discovered that this addon caused errors with [bd] Paygates as reported at
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-paygates.47280/page-14

Fix
Changed line 60 to
Code:
$response = parent::upgradeUser($userId, $upgrade, $allowInsertUnpurchasable, $endDate);
and add this return around line 100 before the closing } of the function.
Code:
return $response;
Also fixed for next version.

Google analytics is loading within my admin area pages.... I've never noticed it doing that before now.
Is it this mod that is doing that and if so, is there a way to turn it off?

You can create filters in your Analytics View within your Analytics account under Admin -> View -> Filters

From there, you can choose to filter out stuff based on the URL (or you can get fancier and filter out all traffic by you if you wanted if that's ultimately your goal).

I really wanted the analytics scripts to be called only on the front-end.... not the back end. Is that not possible?

Hi, the main reason is that it's slowing my admin area down.... I have no idea why but it's hanging around a few seconds before and admin page renders.... the status bar says waiting for google-analytics.com

Strange... Probably better to get to the root of why the google-analytics.com domain is stalling for you. Definitely not something I've ever seen. Not like Google Analytics is sending a spider to spider what you are looking at or anything. Seems odd it would only be on admin.php pages since GA doesn't care what the URL is and certainly doesn't treat different URLs differently.

Are you getting any JS errors in your browser's console?

@digitalpoint is there any way that this add-on would be messing with my user upgrade transaction log? Every entry in the log (since late Feb 2015), lists "Unknown account" instead of showing the username that purchased the upgrade. In the table xf_user_upgrade_log, the field "user_upgrade_record_id" is ALWAYS "0" since late Feb, and I'm trying to think what I changed/upgraded on Feb 23rd that would cause this issue....

digitalpoint updated Better Analytics with a new update entry:

Bug fixes

• Better handling of realtime views to threads that no longer exist
  • Fixed issue where Model_UserUpgrade::upgradeUser() wasn't returning expected results
  • Fixed issue where Computers Shared By Multiple Users could return zero results
  • Fixed cosmetic width issue with Computers Shared By Multiple Users reports when there were more than 7 users on a single computer
  • Don't try to get realtime API data when requested if API is not set up
  • Pass through Google API error if there...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@digitalpoint is there any way that this add-on would be messing with my user upgrade transaction log? Every entry in the log (since late Feb 2015), lists "Unknown account" instead of showing the username that purchased the upgrade. In the table xf_user_upgrade_log, the field "user_upgrade_record_id" is ALWAYS "0" since late Feb, and I'm trying to think what I changed/upgraded on Feb 23rd that would cause this issue....
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was fixed in the 3.1.1 version (the item related to Model_UserUpgrade::upgradeUser() not returning expected results).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was fixed in the 3.1.1 version (the item related to Model_UserUpgrade::upgradeUser() not returning expected results).

Thanks DP! I confirmed it was this addon causing the problem (disabled the addon and issue went away). I'll report back after upgrading to 3.1.1.

Update: transaction log looks great. thanks again!

Last edited:
I can't seem to get adsense tracking to work with this add-on. I have this message in my Google Analytics profile for the site:

Property Aspies Central is configured to use Advertising Features, but it isn't collecting data for these features.

I can't seem to get adsense tracking to work with this add-on. I have this message in my Google Analytics profile for the site:

Property Aspies Central is configured to use Advertising Features, but it isn't collecting data for these features.
The AdSense linking doesn't have anything to do with this add-on... you set that up under Google Analytics Admin -> Property -> AdSense Linking... truthfully, it's sketchy at best anyway and has all sorts of problems. Like it really only works well with a single website (the default one you set), and works terrible if you have multiple websites.

As far as the Advertising Features thing... where are you seeing it isn't collecting data?

Thanks for all your hard work on this addon--much appreciated.

Google Analytics is giving me a notification warning:

Code:
Duplicate Campaign Parameters:

Campaign parameters are case sensitive, so hits with the same source text but different letter cases will show up separately in reports. As an example, the sources "referral" and "Referral" would be considered different sources and would have separate rows in reports.

Property http://mydomain.com is receiving hits with utm_sourceparameters of the same text but different letter cases, such as:

- MyDomain.com
 - mydomain.com

To avoid having data from the same source split across multiple rows in reports, ensure all your campaign links have parameters of the same case. Alternatively, you can set a case filter for Campaign Source on your views.

This domain only hosts the Xenforo forum, nothing else is sending data to GA other than this addon.

Is this notification related to your addon or something else?

Top Bottom