Better Analytics

Better Analytics 3.1.1

No permission to download
I think this response belongs to Rob.
I was referring to my problem from here.
Sounds like you have some PHP files from old version mixed with PHP files from new version. Maybe delete old ones before uploading new ones to make sure the old ones are getting overwritten.

Did you *just* install it? It only logs it during the session creation. So if they were already on the site when you installed it, it wouldn't show.

Hi @digitalpoint

I have installed this mod. I'm hoping you can help me out with something I'm trying to accomplish.

I'm looking to send a request to members to share the site via their social media accounts. My goal is to provide each member their own unique link so I can track their click through and registration ("conversion") made through their own links. I'd like to also have some sort of goal content made public as well, with a chart of some kind showing 'top members' progress. Basically a contest. Can this mod do something similar, or would you be willing to enhance it if I donated a few bucks?

So I stumbled across Google Analytics new realtime API... It's in beta, but it works.

Played around with it a bit today and added an optional block to the sidebar that shows you what threads people are checking out right now. It's done behind the scenes via cron job, so doesn't slow anything down. It adds exactly ZERO queries to the forum home page to have it.

Kinda fun... and actually more useful/interesting than I thought it would be.

Anyway, if you want to see what it looks like check it out on the forum home page on my site: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/

Or you can see here...

upload_2015-3-19_23-8-11.webp

Option in admin area allows placement (or exclusion):
upload_2015-3-19_23-10-9.webp

digitalpoint updated Better Analytics with a new update entry:

Added block for "threads popular right now" plus a couple bug fixes

• Added advanced analytics description to phrase system
  • Fixed issue where you couldn't go past page 1 on "Users Sharing Computers"
  • Fixed issue where if you disabled/uninstalled the add-on and then reinstalled it later, users that only visited during the period where it was disabled would show as sharing computers.
  • New option: Admin -> Options -> Statistics and Metrics -> Show Realtime Popular Threads In Sidebar

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have the error:
Code:
XenForo_Exception: No tokens to refresh. - library/DigitalPointBetterAnalytics/Helper/Reporting.php:82

What is the problem ?

Hmmm... if you go to Admin -> Tools -> Test Analytics Setup, is everything green? Especially check the "Google Analytics Account Linked".

You need to set up the API Project Credentials and link your Analytics account to it in order to run the stuff that requires API access.

The description of the option should have links to where you need to go to set it up in the Google API Console. Don't have the link off hand because I'm on a cell phone.

At first click API, then search for Analytics. Like on picture shown.

Google Developers Console 2015-03-25 14-15-12.webp

Then enable the Analytics API and after this, you can check the setting again.

Top Bottom