XF 1.1 Beta 4 server error log (and speed issues)...

Rho Delta

Server Error Log

Error Info​
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32 - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Generated By: Unknown Account, 12 minutes ago

Stack Trace​

#0 /home/mike/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() #1 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(550): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() #2 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(777): XenForo_Application->loadDb(Object(Zend_Config)) #3 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(807): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad(Array, Array) #4 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1056): XenForo_Application::get('db', NULL) #5 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(163): XenForo_Application::getDb('db') #6 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(242): XenForo_Session->__construct() #7 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(184): XenForo_Session::getPublicSession() #8 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(286): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http)) #9 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(298): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http)) #10 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(309): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index') #11 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch('Index') #12 /home/mike/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #13 {main}

Request State​

array(3) { ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.oldrow.net/threads/electronic-music.76/" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

Help please!!!

imac:~ floris$ /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/perror 32
OS error code 32: Broken pipe
imac:~ floris$

Broken Pipe indicates it's a os/server error, and it's being reported back to XenForo, but has nothing to do with XenForo.

How much free memory does your partition has where the raw mysql files are being stored on?

df -H on the cli might disclose a partition that should have space might be running out of space, which sometimes causes these errors when it's trying to swap data via the hdd and write away buffered portions of data (or perhaps rather too much data, or more than it could handle) but just can't put it down to disk fast enough causing the connection between the server/application to break.

Really open to any speed suggestions, when I get more than 20 users on my site it is about as slow as dial up... I have enabled minify and put the basic file caching on the front and back ends.

cPanel X.webp

20 users online and it's slow?

Sorry, but I recommend to ditch the host and find one that can handle ANY basic traffic ..

Very.

It's really no different to copying data from one PC to another.

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.phpfile with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_datadirectories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Help Manual for more details.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

You backup your database, and the files.
get a new host, put the files there, restore the backup.
Point config.php to the new database.

Change the domain to the new IP of the new host.

hm, very easy:D

specially if you ask the new hoster, if he can move your things:D
At least with the biggest 5 german hosters i had never a problem, they moved all the stuff for free.

Ask your "future hoster" if he will move it for you for free, if you garantee that you'll stay for x months

how easy is it to change hosts?
  1. Take out new hosting package (trying to get the same OS, PHP & mySQL versions - as near as poss).
  2. Download files from old server
  3. Upload files to new server
  4. Test on a temporary URL
  5. Delete files off new server if OK.
  6. close forum
  7. repeat steps 2 & 3
  8. update domain dns
  9. manually enter dns into local hosts file on your pc so you can reach new server
  10. test live site
  11. sit back and relax until someone points something out you missed! lol

Top Bottom