1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Beta 4 server error log (and speed issues)...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rho Delta, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Server Error Log

Error Info​

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32 - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 12 minutes ago

Stack Trace​

#0 /home/mike/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() #1 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(550): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() #2 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(777): XenForo_Application->loadDb(Object(Zend_Config)) #3 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(807): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad(Array, Array) #4 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1056): XenForo_Application::get('db', NULL) #5 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(163): XenForo_Application::getDb('db') #6 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(242): XenForo_Session->__construct() #7 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(184): XenForo_Session::getPublicSession() #8 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(286): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http)) #9 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(298): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http)) #10 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(309): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index') #11 /home/mike/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch('Index') #12 /home/mike/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #13 {main}

Request State​

array(3) { ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.oldrow.net/threads/electronic-music.76/" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

Help please!!!
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Floris

Floris Guest

imac:~ floris$ /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/perror 32
    OS error code 32: Broken pipe
    imac:~ floris$

Broken Pipe indicates it's a os/server error, and it's being reported back to XenForo, but has nothing to do with XenForo.

How much free memory does your partition has where the raw mysql files are being stored on?

df -H on the cli might disclose a partition that should have space might be running out of space, which sometimes causes these errors when it's trying to swap data via the hdd and write away buffered portions of data (or perhaps rather too much data, or more than it could handle) but just can't put it down to disk fast enough causing the connection between the server/application to break.
  4. Rho Delta

Really open to any speed suggestions, when I get more than 20 users on my site it is about as slow as dial up... I have enabled minify and put the basic file caching on the front and back ends.

cPanel X.png
  5. Rho Delta

Could this option help:

Fetch public templates as files
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Only if you're already running with APC. (And if you're not running APC, then that itself will be a huge improvement.)
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

20 users online and it's slow?

Sorry, but I recommend to ditch the host and find one that can handle ANY basic traffic ..
  8. Rho Delta

how easy is it to change hosts?
  9. Brogan

It's really no different to copying data from one PC to another.

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
    Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.phpfile with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_datadirectories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
    Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Help Manual for more details.

10. Floris

Floris Guest

You backup your database, and the files.
    get a new host, put the files there, restore the backup.
    Point config.php to the new database.

Change the domain to the new IP of the new host.
  11. ragtek

ragtek Guest

hm, very easy:D

specially if you ask the new hoster, if he can move your things:D
    At least with the biggest 5 german hosters i had never a problem, they moved all the stuff for free.

Ask your "future hoster" if he will move it for you for free, if you garantee that you'll stay for x months
  12. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

1. Take out new hosting package (trying to get the same OS, PHP & mySQL versions - as near as poss).
    2. Download files from old server
    3. Upload files to new server
    4. Test on a temporary URL
    5. Delete files off new server if OK.
    6. close forum
    7. repeat steps 2 & 3
    8. update domain dns
    9. manually enter dns into local hosts file on your pc so you can reach new server
    10. test live site
    11. sit back and relax until someone points something out you missed! lol
  13. Rho Delta

Do I make the backup in Cpanel or do it in the XF admin panel?
  14. Brogan

phpMyAdmin for the database backup.
    The Pet Board likes this.
  15. Rho Delta

Are there any hosts that specialize in XF hosting for sites with large amounts of users?
  16. Brogan