XF 1.5 Mysqli prepare error: Table './*****_setup/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

OUTL4W

I'm constantly receiving this error....

Any help is much appreciated. I haven't installed anything on the site in months.

server php is currently set @ 512mb. the xf_session table has already been truncated.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table './fps247_setup/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

stack trace:
Code:
#0 /home/fps247/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#1 /home/fps247/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xf...')
#2 /home/fps247/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#3 /home/fps247/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#4 /home/fps247/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(855): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_session', Array)
#5 /home/fps247/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(573): XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource('a797b07671e2f5c...', false)
#6 /home/fps247/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(414): XenForo_Session->save()
#7 /home/fps247/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(358): XenForo_Controller->updateSession(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), 'Siropu_Chat_Con...', 'Refresh')
#8 /home/fps247/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(358): XenForo_Controller->postDispatch(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), 'Siropu_Chat_Con...', 'Refresh')
#9 /home/fps247/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/fps247/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Actually emptying the table should normally suffice..... but the bigger question is if he's doing what normally should be done (truncating/emptying the table) why does the mySQL process keep stopping abruptly (which is the normal cause of this error).

Yes it should normally suffice, but obviously that did not solve it this time, so repairing the table is not going to cause any ill effects.

Once the table is fixed, then you can go on identifying the underlying issue.

I refer to my earlier post... it sounds like mySQL is stopping for unexpected reasons (not enough disk space can make this happen)... you need to check the mysql logs to see what (if any) error is showing up in it.

From host
“Based on the errors I was seeing, I increased the php memory limit on the server. But if there are other places that the memory limit is specified, they will likely overrule that setting. So you may wish to ask your forum provider if they have other settings for the php memory limit, and if so, how to increase it to at least 128mb.”

Top Bottom