Beta 4 Installation

Blandt

It literally took 3 minutes :)

started at 7:36 am. and done at 7:39 am.

The good news : The IIS issue is gone :) We Microsoft folks now can insert and attach full images with no issues :)

The bad news : None
( but i am also doing a vB upgrade 4.1 so .. :D)

3 minutes? That took forever as opposed to mine! I don't know how long it actually took because I started the clock, went to the restroom, got some coffee...and it was done. I was probably away from my desk for 2-2.5 minutes tops.

For whatever reason my upload via ftp always gets stuck when uploading the library folder, and I have to disconnect FTP, reconnect, and start the upload again with the library folder. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, then I have to open the library folder both locally and on the server and upload everything inside.

PITA.

For whatever reason my upload via ftp always gets stuck when uploading the library folder, and I have to disconnect FTP, reconnect, and start the upload again with the library folder. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, then I have to open the library folder both locally and on the server and upload everything inside.

PITA.

That's because your ftp client is switching binary and ASCII mode between each file upload ... and deciding which mode should be used (automatic setup)
I actually upload the zip file and extract at the server ... a bit tricky if you do not have ssh access.

That's because your ftp client is switching binary and ASCII mode between each file upload ... and deciding which mode should be used (automatic setup)
I actually upload the zip file and extract at the server ... a bit tricky if you do not have ssh access.
ugh I'd be scared to try that. (yeah I'm chicken).

I do something similar.
I upload the zipped file to my root directory. Uncompress it. Then move the files to the proper directory. It's much quicker than uploading all the files uncompressed.

OF COURSE, backup everything first.

PITA.
That's my problem exactly. Always within /library/. And.... that's the reason I use localhost. :D

It literally took 3 minutes :)

started at 7:36 am. and done at 7:39 am.

The good news : The IIS issue is gone :) We Microsoft folks now can insert and attach full images with no issues :)

The bad news : None
( but i am also doing a vB upgrade 4.1 so .. :D)
Took me a bit longer, 15 minutes total... God, I really hate these painless upgrades. :rolleyes: :p :D

PITA.
Try using SFTP if your server supports ssh.

Or try using FlashFXP for windows or transmit for Mac if you have problems with the current client.

considering the amount of template and css edits i had to make to achieve a dark default theme, i am scared to death of updating.
Some CSS edits I can understand - and some of that is probably down to things not being in style properties at the time, which has changed dramatically - but by template edits, I assume you mean HTML edits, and I'm curious what edits you had to make for that.

*points to the many warnings in every announcement saying BETA*
It is something you accept when you make styles to systems in development, or major version updates.
Smart coding and proper use of templates and extra.css should result in basically 3 to 5 templates having to be customized.

I started the upload of the files then went to go take a shower, got back browsed to install and 2-3 minutes later I was done. I'll be updating my XFStop making sure it's fully compatible as well as making sure the mobile style still looks good :)

Top Bottom