1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

before i buy

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Skynet1974, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Skynet1974

Skynet1974 New Member

I use to run the uk's biggest gaming clan we currently setting up to start a fresh clan ive been looking a lot at xenforo and it could be the one we after as a gaming clan we dont make no money from it, so the lincence dose it need renewing every year ? and if so is it £140 per year ,once we have built the site i dont intend to keep changing it all i need is a home for are ps3/4 clan.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

To continue to receive ticket support + updates, you'll need to renew ever year. However, you don't need to renew it yearly to continue to use the software as-is at the time of expiration.

Morgain likes this.
  3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

@Skynet1974 renewal is $40 after the first year.
    But you can even continue without renewal. Community support here is good and you only need renewal to post special support tickets, and get upgrades.

4. Skynet1974

Skynet1974 New Member

$40 ain't to bad plus i am a programmer and designer myself, i guess after buying it the only thing i would need to work on would be call of duty elite ,PSN and roster integration for the team :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    MattW likes this.
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

XenForo is also very easy to extend and build functionality around. :) You'll easily be able to create those granted that you know how to use associated APIs.

addychefron and Ingenious like this.
  6. Garani

Garani Active Member

Something I have (half) done for my Guild: http://www.ibriganti.eu/community/guildmanager/ Basically I pull news and show them on a ticket or as the main page. Or here http://www.ibriganti.eu/community/guildmanager/roster you can see the current roster: I simply pull all those part of a usergroup.

Xenforo is not opnly very easy to extend, it is very clean too. The best part is that the xenforo code is not masked. This means that you, as a developer, can see how things get done, and extend things accordingly.

Skynet1974 likes this.
  7. Skynet1974

Skynet1974 New Member

yep very cool ive spent the whole weekend going thou the manual

8. Skynet1974

Skynet1974 New Member

last question , how long will it take from the moment i click buy put all the details in pay etc till i can download forum and a few plugins ???? and get started building

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You get access to the software and resources within 10 minutes of purchasing a license.

Skynet1974 likes this.
  10. Skynet1974

Skynet1974 New Member

thank you all

11. Skynet1974

Skynet1974 New Member

tryed to pay 3 times get errors goes to paypal then back here . i am trying to use a santander visa debit card via paypal but not having now of it is there any other ways i can pay ???
    XenForo - Error

The requested page could not be found.

12. Brogan

Send a message using this form for payment queries: Contact Us

13. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Speaking of this contact page, there is a typo.

"Please submit a technical support tickets via the customer area."

14. Brogan

I already pointed that out a few weeks ago.