• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Tag Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very good mod for sure, I totally loved how simple and useful it is.

There are some problems with it though, for example when a user puts something like this @username, blah blah .... the user doesn't get tagged since there is a comma, so I was wondering if it was possible to get around this drawback ?

Just installed this on a fresh 1.0.4 install, when attempting to post "@User test" I get:

The following error occurred
The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.
Any ideas?

Just installed this on a fresh 1.0.4 install, when attempting to post "@User test" I get:

The following error occurred
The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.
Any ideas?
Are you using Google Chrome? Please press Ctrl+Alt+I (or Command+Alt+I for Mac), try to post again and take a screenshot from the console for me. This should work out of the box with fresh 1.0.4

Are you using Google Chrome? Please press Ctrl+Alt+I (or Command+Alt+I for Mac), try to post again and take a screenshot from the console for me. This should work out of the box with fresh 1.0.4

ctrl + alt + i doesn't appear to do anything for me in Chrome. Version is the latest, 13.0.782.215 - is there a manual way to open the console?

@XFrocks,

fimdL.png

That's what the console spits out after trying to reply.

Edit: Went ahead and looked at the code to see if it could be fixed. Changed the following:

PHP:
                    " . implode(' OR ',array_map(create_function('$a','$a = mysql_escape_string($a); return "username LIKE \'$a%\'";'),$found)) . "
                ";

to

PHP:
                    " . implode(' OR ', array_map(
                            function($a)
                            {
                                return "username LIKE " . XenForo_Db::quoteLike($a, 'r');
                            }
                        , $found)
                    ) . " ";

mysql_escape_string is deprecated, you'd be better served with Xenforo_DB::quoteLike since it automatically escapes LIKE statements using a wildcard.

@XFrocks,

fimdL.png

That's what the console spits out after trying to reply.

Edit: Went ahead and looked at the code to see if it could be fixed. Changed the following:

Good point, silly me didn't know about quoteLike when I wrote this I guess. This will definitely be changed in the next version. Still trying to make the popup work in the editor, any ideas?

Please add the function that there will be a teaser name appear as Member List area. For example, when we type @J here, there will be Jaxel name appear. Sorry for my bad English but hope you understand me :)
Please see my post xfrocks, thanks :)

Still loving this addon to bits. One question though: latest version removes the '@' when you use '@username'. Is there any easy way to re-add this? The reason I ask is that I'm afraid new members won't have any clue how to trigger an alert with @username anymore.

So yeah. Basically, any edits you can think of to re-add the @? :p

Still loving this addon to bits. One question though: latest version removes the '@' when you use '@username'. Is there any easy way to re-add this? The reason I ask is that I'm afraid new members won't have any clue how to trigger an alert with @username anymore.

So yeah. Basically, any edits you can think of to re-add the @? :p
There is an option for that. Just go to AdminCP > Options > Messages. Scroll to the bottom, uncheck the `Remove "@"` :D

Nice little mod :)

Any idea when's another update coming ? I will probably wait till next update to install this one.

Take your time, it already works and it will get better.
You have to get your hand on 1.1 first before you can improve it, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom