• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Tag Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be great.. I'm going to have a quick look at some code over the weekend to see if I can figure it out.

That would be awesome! I have to say... As a new user to Xenforo that was the only minus I saw while considering this product. I am not as technical as most on here but I do own a Marketing company and I like to think I understand what people want maybe just a little bit. ;) It would be very helpful while on the home page for there to be a few different buttons (templates, addons, customize, skins, examples etc) however you want to word it. People want a product that is highly customizable. This one is but it does not show that off. First and foremost there should be a Xenforo examples section showing off some of the best looking Xenforo sites. Wordpress's Showcase section does a good job of that. Drupal's is horrible, confusing and extremely uninformative... What are they trying to accomplish with that? People want details, simplicity, specifics, a list of features, and all this type of information should be extremely easy to find... I realize a lot of this is in the forum but you have to realize how difficult and time consuming it is to search for things in a forum because it is cluttered with comments by all your users...

Our home page looks nice but if on the header you took out the pic of the 3 websites and replaced that with 4 large shiny glass looking buttons (showcase, addons, templates, top features) it would help new and existing users a TON and I think help a lot more people decide to buy Xenforo.

Bottom line I just feel it would be greatly beneficial to showcase these options somewhere other then just the forum!

I love Xenforo so far and can't wait to see how further development goes. This is the best product I have seen... Now it is time to show it off! :cool:

How about disabling the tag if it's in the OP thread? The reason for this is that, if I'm set up to receive all kind of alerts, when someone replies to my thread using the tag, then likes my thread, I now have 3 separate alerts from the same person.. Maybe combine the alerts into 1 alert if it's coming from the same user?

What you guys think?

Thanks!

Got an idea for a future release.
Add a field on the UCP so that a user can set different tags that people can tag them with.
E.X.: @Sylar, @Sy, @Darthmaul, @DM, etc.
Then, if the tag is already taken it could be like 'tag taken, please submit a new one'. What do you think?

+1

Let people have a popup instead of going to the profile page and go back to read the thread. This should be a trivial change.
I would love this as well (y)

Great mod either way, I had wanted something like this with vb but the option was really bloated and all I wanted was something simple that did what it needed like this :)

Thanks for sharing!!

Wow.. some good requests, but also some pretty far fetched ones. I feel for you buddy. :) Keep up the great work.

I'm (quite) back Andy, almostttt
Glad to hear ;)

1) Would you upgrade the addon where clicking on the @username would generate the pop up card, instead of going to the profile page?
2) And the much requested automatic username suggestion feature ;)
3) What needs to be done so this tag can be used in other mods like Xencarta Wiki?

Thank you. This is one of the most used features on our site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom