Resource icon

[bd] Rotating Ads 2.0

No permission to download
If you are not the super admin, you need to add "Manage Rotating Ads" permission to your account. Afterwards, you should be able to see Rotating Ads navigation link under Appearances AdminCP section.

I don't see that value in any permissions lists to add to any user/group. XF 1.5.5

I'm running XF 1.5.5 and for an unknown reason now, I receive this message when I try to save something in the add-on even if I'm logged in as as admin

You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server

Any idea ?

Thanks

This may have been answered and I haven't looked as found this on a quick break - Does this work in the sidebar and would it be able to rotate Embedded Youtube videos?

This may have been answered and I haven't looked as found this on a quick break - Does this work in the sidebar and would it be able to rotate Embedded Youtube videos?
Yes, it does work in sidebar. And since only one piece of html is rendered at a time, any code can be used, including embedded YouTube video.

Yes, it does work in sidebar. And since only one piece of html is rendered at a time, any code can be used, including embedded YouTube video.

You need to be careful with rotating embedded videos. With this addon I think it is absolutely fine, no problem, as rotation is based on screen refresh.

However if rotation is based on time, then someone can find the video changing in the middle of watching it.

You need to be careful with rotating embedded videos. With this addon I think it is absolutely fine, no problem, as rotation is based on screen refresh.

However if rotation is based on time, the someone can find the video changing in the middle of watching it.

Thats a valid point and thank you. It's something I'll test with.

Thankfully my site is a motovlogging community so most will click to youtube anyway

Thats a valid point and thank you. It's something I'll test with.

Thankfully my site is a motovlogging community so most will click to youtube anyway
This caught me out when I was experimenting with sliders. In that case another issue is a slider changes. the video goes but carries on playing so you here the audio but along with another video. Very annoying.

This caught me out when I was experimenting with sliders. In that case another issue is a slider changes. the video goes but carries on playing so you here the audio but along with another video. Very annoying.

Was than on autoplay or just if you click to watch and it skips anyway?

Appreciate you saving me time on finding that out before I use it, I can work around that ahead of putting live

Was than on autoplay or just if you click to watch and it skips anyway?

Appreciate you saving me time on finding that out before I use it, I can work around that ahead of putting live

No, not autoplay.

Anything tat rotates, or slides etc. you need to check the behaviour with video/audio.

Template Errors: rotating_ads_second_post
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf() must be of the type array, null given in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1344
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::isMemberOfUserGroup() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1352 and defined in /home/nginx/domains/rivalgamer.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/User.php, line 1707
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf() must be of the type array, null given in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1344
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::isMemberOfUserGroup() must be of the type array, null given, called in /library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1352 and defined in /library/XenForo/Model/User.php, line 1707

I get this when I browse any thread with debug mode on and only while logging as a registered member or guest but not as an admin, any idea why this is happening?

Alright, figured out how to get advertisements to only display under the first post.
Since rotating ads is hooking into the existing templates, you're able to edit the template from displaying unless certain parameters have been met.

On the rotating ads select 'message below' as the display location.

Then, go to templates for your current style and edit ad_message_below like so:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$message.conversation_id}">
<xen:hook name="ad_message_below" />
</xen:if>
The above xen:if statement says if the post position is the first one it'll display it but no other ones. This also prevents the advertisement from displaying in the Conversations.

To only have an advertisement display on the homepage (forum view page) edit the template of the location that you'll be displaying the ad.

For instance if it's ad_above_top_breadcrumb edit the template like this:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'">
<xen:hook name="ad_above_top_breadcrumb" />
</xen:if>

Good luck!
Thank you so much on this. Is there a way to show advertisments at the same time under the first post and above last post?

I'm still unsure what this addon does.

I had some custom work done a few years ago to allow me to rotate ads - e.g. In the ad above breadcrumb template I added code that rotates the banner ads on every new page visited - Adsense one time, then OpenX the next, and so on.

Will your add-on accomplish this?

I'm looking for an alternative to what I currently use because what I have now interferes with my responsive style.

Thanks,

Tom

I'm still unsure what this addon does.

I had some custom work done a few years ago to allow me to rotate ads - e.g. In the ad above breadcrumb template I added code that rotates the banner ads on every new page visited - Adsense one time, then OpenX the next, and so on.

Will your add-on accomplish this?

I'm looking for an alternative to what I currently use because what I have now interferes with my responsive style.

Thanks,

Tom
Yes, it can do that.

Is there a way to hide the Rotating Banner template in a certain forum ID? I have personal vendor areas but would like to hide within those areas so that they get the full exposure and not some other advertiser

I have this running a couple of ads on my site. Went to add one today and I'm getting a 403 error. Anyone have any idea why?

James

Top Bottom