No permission to download

Andy.N

@xfrocks

PHP:
    public static function uninstall() {
        // temporary leave our table alone...
        // TODO: drop it
    }

This is going to be a bit of a problem when XenForo 1.2 is released in a final state. The TODO might need to happen at some point soon ;)

Yes. I run into some show-stopping problems today that related to this addon.
The only solution is to update this addon, then install it, then uninstall it.

I don't know what happens after we uninstall this since XF 1.2.0 and this addon use the same watch table.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
You have to delete the table from this manually then recreate the XenForo table.

xfrocks

Just FYI, the existing data will be migrated to XenForo 1.2 table in the next version of [bd] Forum Watch (to be released soon). Make sure you update the latest version of the add-on before you upgrade to 1.2. Sorry all for the problem.

Sorry guys.

Wulfspider

For those wanting to convert old alerts, these MySQL queries should do the trick:
Code:
update xf_user_alert set action = replace(action, 'forumwatch_reply', 'insert');
update xf_user_alert set action = replace(action, 'forumwatch_thread', 'insert');

Magic

i too installed this many months ago, then removed it. I never gave a second thought to the xf_forum_watch table staying behind.

Like @DRE and others, I get errors each time the link to watched forums is clicked.

Code:
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Watched/Forums.php:21
Generated By: Magic, 27 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 *****/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Watched/Forums.php(21): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 *****/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): XenForo_ViewPublic_Watched_Forums->renderHtml('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Html', Array, 'watch_forums')
#2 *****/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'watch_forums', NULL)
#3 *****/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(569): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#4 *****/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView()
#5 *****/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(34) "http://mineplay.com/watched/forums"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

I have dropped the xf_forum_watch table via phpmyadmin, and run the query provided, but the issue still remains, so..

If i re - drop the xf_forum_watch table, and re-run the xf updrade, will that work?

thanks

xfrocks

I have dropped the xf_forum_watch table via phpmyadmin, and run the query provided, but the issue still remains, so..

If i re - drop the xf_forum_watch table, and re-run the xf updrade, will that work?

thanks

You should drop the table again and run this query:

Code:
CREATE TABLE xf_forum_watch (
        `user_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
        `node_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
        `notify_on` enum('','thread','message') NOT NULL,
        `send_alert` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL,
        `send_email` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY (`user_id`,`node_id`),
        KEY `node_id_notify_on` (`node_id`,`notify_on`)
    ) ENGINE = InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

Reactions: DRE

Magic

Hi xfrocks, as mentioned in my post, I already did drop the table, and ran that query, but for me, the issue remains.

Ive just done it again, same outcome

thanks

xfrocks

Hi xfrocks, as mentioned in my post, I already did drop the table, and ran that query, but for me, the issue remains.

Ive just done it again, same outcome

thanks

I have taken a closer look at your error message and it looked like you have some conflict within XenForo_Model_Node and it affected nodeParents information in node list. Probably some add-on does that. Given that you uninstalled this add-on, there is not much I can do. Your best bet is disable installed add-ons one by one to find the conflicting add-on. Or you can file a bug report for XenForo's developers to take a look. I would recommend going the former route because KAM is quite busy already.

XF 1.2 beta 4 results ...

#0 /var/www/html/chat/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????SELECT thre...')
#1 /var/www/html/chat/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????SELECT thre...')
#2 /var/www/html/chat/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????SELECT thre...')
#3 /var/www/html/chat/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????SELECT thre...', Array, 2)
#4 /var/www/html/chat/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(69): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('????SELECT thre...', 'thread_id')
#5 /var/www/html/chat/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php(55): XenForo_Model_Thread->getThreadsByIds(Array, Array)
#6 /var/www/html/chat/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_FindNew->actionPosts()
#7 /var/www/html/chat/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /var/www/html/chat/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State

Oh and

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'forum_watch.node_id' in 'on clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 29
  6. XenForo_Model_Forum->getForumById() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php at line 177
  7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_ForumThreadPost->getForumOrError() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php at line 38
  8. XenForo_ControllerHelper_ForumThreadPost->assertForumValidAndViewable() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 88
  9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/chat/index.php at line 13

xfrocks

Oh and

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'forum_watch.node_id' in 'on clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 29
  6. XenForo_Model_Forum->getForumById() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php at line 177
  7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_ForumThreadPost->getForumOrError() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php at line 38
  8. XenForo_ControllerHelper_ForumThreadPost->assertForumValidAndViewable() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 88
  9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/chat/index.php at line 13

Any expected date for the upgrade? For that matter, can I move/rename the table myself so that we can preserve these settings and use XF 1.2?