1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bd] Forum Watch for XenForo 1.2+ 2.1.1b

More watching awesomeness.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Forum Watch (version 1.1) - Watching a whole forum, why not?

Read more about this resource...

Rob Fritz likes this.
  2. xfrocks

3. nicquehen

nicquehen Member

The email alert i receive have not a good url please find a screenshot
    email.jpg
    email1.jpg

How i can solve this problem?

edit : problem solve i forget the link to the forum in the "option"

Sorry :)

4. Will

Will Active Member

While on the watched forums page, I noticed that when you have categories and you view the sub-forums from the popup menu, the styling is all messed up.

HenrikHansen likes this.
  5. BigSoccer Tech

BigSoccer Tech Active Member

Our users would like a no notifications option. Ie they don't want alert or emails, but they do want to have a list of just forums they are watching. How hard to add that?

6. BigSoccer Tech

BigSoccer Tech Active Member

7. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Same.

8. Stimo

Stimo Active Member

Is it possible just to receive alerts and not emails?

9. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

On the watched forums list, you cannot add new forums you want to list, you can only manage the forums you have individually selected at the individual forum pages.

10. xfrocks

That would be simple but it's not the point of this add-on so...

11. ibenick

ibenick Active Member

Is there a way to set it so that all users are set by default to watch a specific forum? I don't want to rely on them to go click 'watch forum', I want to be able to set that automatically or at least be able to set it for each user as they sign up.

Morgain and erich37 like this.
  12. xfrocks

Sorry, you can't do that because watching a forum requires some record in the db so it's not possible to force watch forum. However, it's possible to modify the add-on so when a new user register, he/she will automatically watch a specific forum.

13. ibenick

ibenick Active Member

How complicated would that modification be to make?

14. xfrocks

Not very complicated. I have added to this add-on todo list.

15. ibenick

ibenick Active Member

Awesome! Thank you! Very much looking forward to that feature being added!

16. Brian Boehm

Brian Boehm Member

For some reason I do not always receive email alerts when someone is posting into a watched forum. For instance I may have 3 emails I receive but when I check the forums, there are actually 5 new posts. Is there anything I can do to make sure I receive an email every time something is posted into a watched forum?

17. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

You would get flooded out.
    Watch does not work like that.
    You get an alert (email or Alerts) *ONCE* when a new post comes. You shouldn't get any after that. It should be only once.
    However, if you go to that thread or click on the alert (which takes you to that thread) you can get another alert.

Be careful, if you get an alert for a thread, but ignore the alert (ie dont go to the thread), you stop getting any alerts !

erich37 likes this.
  18. xfrocks

Are you talking about posts or threads? If it's posts, not all posts will trigger email. It should only send out mails for every threads. Posts will trigger emails if it's posted after you read the thread.

19. Brian Boehm

Brian Boehm Member

If I choose to watch a forum, I would like it to send me an email every time someone posts a new thread or replies to an existing one. Is this possible?

20. xfrocks

Basically yes.