Resource icon

[bd] Forum Watch for XenForo 1.2+ 2.1.1b

No permission to download

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Forum Watch (version 1.1) - Watching a whole forum, why not?

Ever wanted to watch the whole forum instead of individual thread? Now you can (and your members, too). I'm presenting you [bd] Forum Watch.

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked
2. Import the .xml file using XenForo addon importer
3. Enjoy

This addon is developed by request from Cory Booth (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/request-watch-forums.9833/). He paid me for this and he...

Read more about this resource...

The email alert i receive have not a good url please find a screenshot
email.webp
email1.webp

How i can solve this problem?

edit : problem solve i forget the link to the forum in the "option"

Sorry :)

While on the watched forums page, I noticed that when you have categories and you view the sub-forums from the popup menu, the styling is all messed up.

Our users would like a no notifications option. Ie they don't want alert or emails, but they do want to have a list of just forums they are watching. How hard to add that?

On the watched forums list, you cannot add new forums you want to list, you can only manage the forums you have individually selected at the individual forum pages.

Is there a way to set it so that all users are set by default to watch a specific forum? I don't want to rely on them to go click 'watch forum', I want to be able to set that automatically or at least be able to set it for each user as they sign up.

Sorry, you can't do that because watching a forum requires some record in the db so it's not possible to force watch forum. However, it's possible to modify the add-on so when a new user register, he/she will automatically watch a specific forum.

For some reason I do not always receive email alerts when someone is posting into a watched forum. For instance I may have 3 emails I receive but when I check the forums, there are actually 5 new posts. Is there anything I can do to make sure I receive an email every time something is posted into a watched forum?

For some reason I do not always receive email alerts when someone is posting into a watched forum. For instance I may have 3 emails I receive but when I check the forums, there are actually 5 new posts. Is there anything I can do to make sure I receive an email every time something is posted into a watched forum?
You would get flooded out.
Watch does not work like that.
You get an alert (email or Alerts) *ONCE* when a new post comes. You shouldn't get any after that. It should be only once.
However, if you go to that thread or click on the alert (which takes you to that thread) you can get another alert.

Be careful, if you get an alert for a thread, but ignore the alert (ie dont go to the thread), you stop getting any alerts !

Are you talking about posts or threads? If it's posts, not all posts will trigger email. It should only send out mails for every threads. Posts will trigger emails if it's posted after you read the thread.

If I choose to watch a forum, I would like it to send me an email every time someone posts a new thread or replies to an existing one. Is this possible?

Top Bottom