Add-on xFrocks Digital Shop

But I like dancing. Haha. Especially with Mr. Howard.

Either way, I could really see a benefit for DBT to get involved in coding some modifications for XF. Just my personal opinion, but the Signature and Avatar ones I don't think really went well, and were not well received. That was over a year ago though. I could see the case being made for say that Activity mod, or Shop mod, I know the Shop has had many members here at wits end to get one. I think their shoutbox would be a viable competitor to TaigaChat, and when you have competition, in the end, only users benefit.

I do hope they hop on board, at least with one of their major add-ons (Shop), to get their toe wet and test the waters. They would have 500+ downloads instantly, and then they would see what could be done.
I'd purchase a shop add-on in a heartbeat ( a decent one )
Vote a shop. http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-addon-would-you-rather-see-on-xenforo.49854/

DragonByte Tech has not said they'll make one but by your participation in this vote poll please let them know how much we need one in case they do consider to develop another Xenforo addon.

I would like to have a shop that my members can buy functionality for my website in.
In other words: let's say my members want functionality X added to my site. I can then list functionality X as a product in my shop and the price that it will cost to have it developed. Let's say that functionality X costs $100 to develop. Then my members can contribute to the functionality until a total of $100 is reached. Once my members have funded a total of $100 I can start development of the functionality.

So, by this function I am effectively letting my members crowdfund new functionality for my website, as they are buying it together.

@xfrocks Would such functionality fit within the scope of [bd] shop ?

I would like to have a shop that my members can buy functionality for my website in.
In other words: let's say my members want functionality X added to my site. I can then list functionality X as a product in my shop and the price that it will cost to have it developed. Let's say that functionality X costs $100 to develop. Then my members can contribute to the functionality until a total of $100 is reached. Once my members have funded a total of $100 I can start development of the functionality.

So, by this function I am effectively letting my members crowdfund new functionality for my website, as they are buying it together.

@xfrocks Would such functionality fit within the scope of [bd] shop ?
I don't think so. Mostly because shop items have fixed price (and stock). So unless you want to sell 10 badges of supporter, each costs $10, then people who buys them effectively contribute $100 to the site...

I don't think so. Mostly because shop items have fixed price (and stock). So unless you want to sell 10 badges of supporter, each costs $10, then people who buys them effectively contribute $100 to the site...
I see. Adding such functionality would increase the development budget of webmasters like myself significantly.
I'd like to sponsor this functionality.

Still hoping to see this emerge one day, no problem at all if it were a paid add-on...

I really want my members to be able to send gift images that can display on posts and profile...

Me too, just to show my support and I don't mind if it's gonna be a paid version, been waiting for ages. my members have been asking what are the virtual money they earned for. Was told that it's in beta testing many months ago, hear nothing after that. Hope to hear positive news any soon.

Yes, it is being tested with a few different item types like activation, reoccuring with different payment systems support + order management. The system is running well in a rather large forums with no incidents so far. To be honest, haven't touched it in a while after deploying it in the site. Because @Shyuan asked me, I think it's ready for release now with one or two built-in item types. Do you have any suggestions? My to do list has some:
  • Permission Activation: admin setup item to enable a permission for a period of time, user who buys the item and activate it will have that permission until it expires. Should work with both on/off and numeric permission.
  • Username Change: user can buy the item to change their display username for some period of time
  • Username Color: similar to above but color
  • User Title: similar to above but title

Yes, it is being tested with a few different item types like activation, reoccuring with different payment systems support + order management. The system is running well in a rather large forums with no incidents so far. To be honest, haven't touched it in a while after deploying it in the site. Because @Shyuan asked me, I think it's ready for release now with one or two built-in item types. Do you have any suggestions? My to do list has some:
  • Permission Activation: admin setup item to enable a permission for a period of time, user who buys the item and activate it will have that permission until it expires. Should work with both on/off and numeric permission.
  • Username Change: user can buy the item to change their display username for some period of time
  • Username Color: similar to above but color
  • User Title: similar to above but title
I have suggestions! Can you let members buy posting customizations so that whenever they post their posts will be in certain format inside the actual post. For instance, buying a font color, font family, font size, bold, indented, underline, strike-through etc to be automatically applied in posts until they change it in the Shop.

Take a look at some of the options in this addon as well: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232676

So basically, name changes, name color and post message color is what I'd like, integrated with BD Credit if possible with the option to switch to real money if we want or use both at the same time.

Also, username changes should be logged. That might already be logged in Xenforo 1.3.

So this actually will let you use points to buy a little icon for someone to display in the posts and profile?

Still no suitable shops out there, huh? At this point it seems like most of Xenforo's users would gladly pay for one.

There was a promising one called xfimage but the coder stopped development and deleted it

There was a promising one called xfimage but the coder stopped development and deleted it

There was absolutely nothing promising about that add-on, unfortunately. iShop, MyShop, xfShop, MochaShop... whatever it is now.. it's just the same iteration over and over, renamed and resold with unfulfilled promises and same coding issues as before.

Unfortunate, but true.

There was absolutely nothing promising about that add-on, unfortunately. iShop, MyShop, xfShop, MochaShop... whatever it is now.. it's just the same iteration over and over, renamed and resold with unfulfilled promises and same coding issues as before.

Unfortunate, but true.
I still use it on my forum, it was more promising than anything else that has been released...Nothing lol

I need an image shop for my forum and has I started using that one it will have to do until something is released

just a shame very few of the features @Mythotical promised ever materialised

I still use it on my forum, it was more promising than anything else that has been released...Nothing lol

I need an image shop for my forum and has I started using that one it will have to do until something is released

just a shame very few of the features @Mythotical promised ever materialised

And no one would be interested in a fundraiser of sorts to raise money to hire someone to make this addon/shop?

This add-on is something my forum would benefit greatly from as well and I'm glad to see a sizable demand for it. Thank you xfrocks for developing it thus far. Are we to see more of this?

Top Bottom