Resource icon

[bd] Forum Watch for XenForo 1.2+ 2.1.1b

No permission to download
I think I have a way to migrate to XenForo 1.2 if no-one has posted one already, it looks like it has worked for me.

Before the upgrade to 1.2 disable the add-on and rename the database table with this MySQL command

Code:
RENAME TABLE xf_forum_watch TO xf_forum_watch_old;

Then after the upgrade insert the data into the new table with this command

Code:
INSERT INTO xf_forum_watch
SELECT user_id,forum_id as node_id,
if(reply_subscribe=1,'message','thread') as notify_on,
if(notification_method > 0,1,0) as send_alert,
if(notification_method <> 1,1,0) as send_email
FROM xf_forum_watch_old;

I think I have a way to migrate to XenForo 1.2 if no-one has posted one already, it looks like it has worked for me.

Before the upgrade to 1.2 disable the add-on and rename the database table with this MySQL command

Code:
RENAME TABLE xf_forum_watch TO xf_forum_watch_old;

Then after the upgrade insert the data into the new table with this command

Code:
INSERT INTO xf_forum_watch
SELECT user_id,forum_id as node_id,
if(reply_subscribe=1,'message','thread') as notify_on,
if(notification_method > 0,1,0) as send_alert,
if(notification_method <> 1,1,0) as send_email
FROM xf_forum_watch_old;
This is actually how the installer has been updated. However, some other feature needs to be changed and delayed the release :(

The scheme to watch forum posts in 1.2 is barely reliable; it misses most messages. Yours was much better (not 100% but far better). So is there going to be a real 1.2 savvy version of your plug-in?

The scheme to watch forum posts in 1.2 is barely reliable; it misses most messages. Yours was much better (not 100% but far better). So is there going to be a real 1.2 savvy version of your plug-in?
I find it pretty reliable actually. How it doesn't work for you?

Yes, that’s a foolish feature for someone who wants to keep tabs of a forum on the road or at work, and cannot visit a thread every single time.

It's really bad for forum moderators.

That’s how it worked with vBulletin. It was bad there — and bad here.

Can you come up with something that does deliver ALL watched posts?

xfrocks updated [bd] Forum Watch with a new update entry:

XenForo 1.2 compatible branch

This is a new development branch of the add-on, support for XenForo 1.1 and below has been dropped completely.

This update will convert the old tables of this add-on to be used with XenForo 1.2. All existing watches will be migrated without data loss. You should perform the update before upgrading the site to XenForo 1.2.

IMPORTANT: If you happen to run into error at the end of the upgrade process because of this add-on, do not panic. Just leave the upgrade tab untouched in your browser, open...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pretty much that. Unless you need the user group watching feature or you want to get notified for all replies (instead of once per thread until you visit it).

I wish there was an option to be notified of all replies on individual threads you watch, instead of just when you revisit the thread itself. Sort of like what you have here but just on watched threads. Sometimes people don't revisit the thread but still want email alerts on all replies on them.

I wish there was an option to be notified of all replies on individual threads you watch, instead of just when you revisit the thread itself. Sort of like what you have here but just on watched threads. Sometimes people don't revisit the thread but still want email alerts on all replies on them.
You can install this add-on to have that feature.

I am still getting this error...
Please enter a valid callback method (ForumWatch_Listener::file_health_check).

Any ideas? Please help as I really liked this feature /mod before I upgraded. :(

I am still getting this error...
Please enter a valid callback method (ForumWatch_Listener::file_health_check).

Any ideas? Please help as I really liked this feature /mod before I upgraded. :(
Try uploading the files again. Make sure existing files are overwritten.

Top Bottom