Resource icon

[bd] Anonymous Posting 2.3.2

No permission to download
In the portal, click on "Anonymous" it displays popup registered members. How do I can not click on "Anonymous"

untitled.webp

The best way to remove those issues is to create an anonymous member account, assign that to anonymous posts, thus that way where the name appears only the anonymous account appears... no linkage then to actual users because content is assigned to an actual account.

The best way to remove those issues is to create an anonymous member account, assign that to anonymous posts, thus that way where the name appears only the anonymous account appears... no linkage then to actual users because content is assigned to an actual account.
how to "create an anonymous member account, assign that to anonymous posts"

Thanks

To give you an example, as xfrocks stated above, I created an actual user account called "anonymous" gave it an avatar and special user title, then assigned that account as above.

When member x checks to post it anonymously, their data is then given to the "anonymous" account, thus whenever anyone clicks on the username they see all the anonymous accounts posts, no specific user accounts anything.

Unknown.webp

This may have a small incompatibility with "Double post"
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/double-post-merge.833/

As seen here (example)
http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/threads/anonymous-post-test.17365/#post-228666

Wouldn't exactly call this a conflict, but just a small incompatibility. Could be either or which prevent it from working when the last post was made by the same person.

Don't believe it is either developers fault, but worth noting none the less. :)
Probably bypass the double post check if it's an anonymous post?

Probably bypass the double post check if it's an anonymous post?
What I did was post a normal post (like I am doing here now). Then I wanted to follow it up as "anonymous". Of course, this leads the two being merged because "double post" knows that "anonymous" is really me.

I'm unsure how you could "resolve" this. And in truth I'm not worried by it.

Just a small & harmless incompatibly that I thought I should note down for others.

What I did was post a normal post (like I am doing here now). Then I wanted to follow it up as "anonymous". Of course, this leads the two being merged because "double post" knows that "anonymous" is really me.

I'm unsure how you could "resolve" this. And in truth I'm not worried by it.

Just a small & harmless incompatibly that I thought I should note down for others.
I was just tossing the idea around. If you think it's reasonable (to bypass double post checking for anonymous post), I will contact the other add-on's author to discuss further.

I was just tossing the idea around. If you think it's reasonable (to bypass double post checking for anonymous post), I will contact the other add-on's author to discuss further.
I think its reasonable and was what I was kind of expecting, but not exactly something I'm worried about.

Top Bottom