Resource icon

[bd] Anonymous Posting 2.3.2

No permission to download
Yep, you're spot on... found the user in the banned list. Will investigate. Thanks heaps for identifying the issue... it was driving me a little nutty trying to work that one out, especially when anonymous didn't show in a username search.

My bad... :D

I noticed that the "this was posted anonymously by" message has disappeared on existing posts for me. Any idea why? Is there a set time that it shows, then disappears for anonymity purposes even when the permission is checked to reveal it?

It shows on new posts... it hangs around, not sure how long for... but some existing anonymous posts don't show it.

I noticed that the "this was posted anonymously by" message has disappeared on existing posts for me. Any idea why? Is there a set time that it shows, then disappears for anonymity purposes even when the permission is checked to reveal it?

It shows on new posts... it hangs around, not sure how long for... but some existing anonymous posts don't show it.
It should appear permanently if you have the reveal permission.

26 Aug post... it is gone, and all prior to it, just as an example.

Screen Shot 2012-09-04 at 3.43.29 PM.webp

I'm going to watch it and see what happens... as I posted another one today in a thread that has them disappeared, to see if it disappears after a set period as well.

26 Aug post... it is gone, and all prior to it, just as an example.

View attachment 33688

I'm going to watch it and see what happens... as I posted another one today in a thread that has them disappeared, to see if it disappears after a set period as well.
Are you sure that reply is posted using this add-on? If possible, please get the row of that post in the xf_post database table and send me the output in a conversation. I will take a look.

Absolutely positive that the post was posted with your add-on, as there is no other addon that allows posting of anonymous posts on a per post basis, to my knowledge, and this is within a thread containing both anonymous and normal posts.

Attachments

Absolutely positive that the post was posted with your add-on, as there is no other addon that allows posting of anonymous posts on a per post basis, to my knowledge, and this is within a thread containing both anonymous and normal posts.
The anonymous data has been removed from the post. I think you or one of your admins went to the AdminCP and chose to delete anonymous data.

There is only two of us, me and my wife, neither of which have touched it.

Oh... and she doesn't have access to it.

I have just found the log in the ACP that I think you're talking about, and it only lists the latest data, all the rest is gone... and no, I haven't deleted the log files.

I also checked the logging options, in case it was deleting based on those, though both are set to 30 days for user and moderator logs.

Is there meant to be a table for your logs? As there isn't one in the DB.

There is only two of us, me and my wife, neither of which have touched it.

Oh... and she doesn't have access to it.

I have just found the log in the ACP that I think you're talking about, and it only lists the latest data, all the rest is gone... and no, I haven't deleted the log files.
Anonymous data is stored in xf_post table. As you can see in AdminCP, for some reason that data has been removed. You should check admin log to see who did remove it.

It seems to be ok now. Something must have happened, though it hasn't happened again. I forgot all about this until you checked up. Thanks for that.

Under User Group Preferences. "Can Post Anonymously" and of course, "Reveal anonymously posted posts".

Top Bottom