Resource icon

[bd] Anonymous Posting 2.3.2

No permission to download
I am getting this error when trying to post anonymously:
Usernames must be unique. The specified username is already in use.

The only thing that could make this better would be being able to specify a name when you post anonymously (then stored in a cookie), that way it'd be easier to have an anonymous conversation.

It would be interesting if you could do this without ever registering... if there was a way to keep spam bots off. It would let you create a 4chan style anonymous forum...

It would be interesting if you could do this without ever registering... if there was a way to keep spam bots off. It would let you create a 4chan style anonymous forum...
If you don't register, just post as guest then... This add-on is not needed.

There is a post as guest feature on XF? Didn't realize that... how bad is spam with it?
Yes. Just allow Unregistered users to post (user group permission) and guest will be able to post with a custom username + solving some captcha. Not a very good at fighting spam I would say...

How does this addon work with usergroup permissions? I want anonymous posting to only be available to members who are in the subscribers usergroup. Members generally are in multiple usergroups.
I read in this thread that you have to set banned usergroups? If that is true then I am not sure how to make this work, as I need the opposite: allowed usergroups.

Also: we are now using Zoints anonymous posting on vbulletin. That addon changes the account to an 'anonymous' user account. I need to keep that account because all our anonymous posts are attached to it. Will this addon conflict?

Is it possible to set an avatar for the anonymously posted entries?

How does this addon work with usergroup permissions? I want anonymous posting to only be available to members who are in the subscribers usergroup. Members generally are in multiple usergroups.
I read in this thread that you have to set banned usergroups? If that is true then I am not sure how to make this work, as I need the opposite: allowed usergroups.

Also: we are now using Zoints anonymous posting on vbulletin. That addon changes the account to an 'anonymous' user account. I need to keep that account because all our anonymous posts are attached to it. Will this addon conflict?

Is it possible to set an avatar for the anonymously posted entries?
The ability to post anonymously is a usergroup permission. The anonymous account is a seperate account. You can change the avatar. You can set your existing anonymous account to be the anonymous account.

So am I right that I could
a) set a forum to permit anonymous posts?
b) set ability to post anonymously per usergroup?

So to post anonymously (for me) you'd have to have access to this forum which permits anonymity AND have anonymous permission in your usergroup. That's what I want.

Reactions: DRE
So am I right that I could
a) set a forum to permit anonymous posts?
b) set ability to post anonymously per usergroup?

So to post anonymously (for me) you'd have to have access to this forum which permits anonymity AND have anonymous permission in your usergroup. That's what I want.
Yes. I wish I could only do this by per thread basis cause I only want one thread or two to be anonymous.

xfrocks can you add per thread basis so that we could just add the thread ids?

Setting 'Revoke' to a node permission preventing users from creating a thread, also prevents the anonymous button to show. Can you make it so that we are still able to post anonymously even if 'Create new thread' privilege is revoked?

Top Bottom