BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
@cclaerhout, How would I go about creating a bbcode tag using templates which is permitted to be the only thing in the message?

ie the contents of the entire message being "[article]test[/article]" without it producing "Please enter a valid message." but for my custom bbcode.

See; https://github.com/Xon/Xenforo-SVModerationBlock for the exact details of how the BBcode & addon is configured.
It seems there's a bug with the blank return of the parser permissions. To avoid it, just change the return type and put for example "Unparsed content with tags" ; it will work after. I will look at this bug in July.

It seems there's a bug with the blank return of the parser permissions. To avoid it, just change the return type and put for example "Unparsed content with tags" ; it will work after. I will look at this bug in July.
Thanks, that works!

If i put an url in a post, (or a user does) i get as the only admin the following message:

content.webp

Where can i set this off? The setting for protection is off, but by every url placed in a content i get this. Im running 2.8.0 and xf 1.3.1. If i disable the addon the problem is gone.

If i put an url in a post, (or a user does) i get as the only admin the following message:

View attachment 75958

Where can i set this off? The setting for protection is off, but by every url placed in a content i get this. Im running 2.8.0 and xf 1.3.1. If i disable the addon the problem is gone.
There are two kind of permissions for XenForo Bb Codes in this addon :
  1. The parsing permissions targeting the poster (not the viewer) - You can access them in your XenForo options then click on "[Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] XenForo Bb Codes Control".
  2. The viewing permissions targeting the visitor (not the poster) - You can access them in your usergroups permissions.
If it still doesn't work, send me a pm, I will look at it but only after the first week of July.

I can't access the page.

I can't access the page.
Here you go:
d2b625bf98a7fad424dd08c98222b97c2600300c.jpg

ok i just wanted to test to see what these do:

9Qyw1.png

and when i tried to post i could still see the ing and media bb codes working.

does this only work with the default xenforo editor? not the TInyMCE One?

does this only disable images and other type BB codes for visitors as in guests users not logged in who can view thread contents?

@cclaerhout

When profiling some thread renders, I noticed that ~16-20% (My users love their complex bb code) of the time is consumed by BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base::_createBbCodesMap calling XenForo_BbCode_Parser::parse. This method is literally only interested in the bb code parse tree, which Xenforo 1.2 upwards has the option of caching. This caches both the signature and post bb code rendering tree.

I'm planning on submitting a github pull request once I've finished implementing using the bb code cache if it is enabled.

No, the editor doesn't matter. For your other questions, I will check again on the new test board I'm currently installing.

@Xon
I've seen your pull requests ; there are a lot ! About this function, it is mainly used to create permissions by posts (and not threads). About one of your pull request (mce), it targets hooks, I think the optimization is nice for the default XenForo installation but It might cause the editor not to work. I will contact you directly probably this week.

Reactions: Xon
@Xon
I've seen your pull requests ; there are a lot ! About this function, it is mainly used to create permissions by posts (and not threads). About one of your pull request (mce), it targets hooks, I think the optimization is nice for the default XenForo installation but It might cause the editor not to work. I will contact you directly probably this week.
Not a problem. Most of them should be minor tweaks, but exploiting the bb code cache if it exists can be a big win for posts & signatures with complex bb code which needs to checked for permissions.

xdebug amplifies the cost of very short function calls (I think this is why XenForo_Application::get was showing up for filterString), But I haven't gotten around to use XHProf yet.

@cclaerhout, How would I go about creating a bbcode tag using templates which is permitted to be the only thing in the message?

ie the contents of the entire message being "[article]test[/article]" without it producing "Please enter a valid message." but for my custom bbcode.

See; https://github.com/Xon/Xenforo-SVModerationBlock for the exact details of how the BBcode & addon is configured.
Workaround found.

View attachment 75958

Can't reproduce. You might have set a Bbm Bb Code as a "XenForo Url wrapper".

ok i just wanted to test to see what these do:

9Qyw1.png

and when i tried to post i could still see the ing and media bb codes working.

does this only disable images and other type BB codes for visitors as in guests users not logged in who can view thread contents?
Tested - working for me. Check if the set permissions are for the current viewer. Don't forget to configure the attach Bb Code as well ; might be use to display images (but as an attachment)

Hi @cclaerhout : I also having the same error with the others. I try to check both of the permission as you mentioned earlier and "Allow" all for the admin. All my Guess, members & moderator are able to see all the links, image posted on the forum. However, i'm admin but only see the error message appeared on any links, img links of my posts and other posts:

"This content is protected"

Please help to fix this issue. :cry:

Thanks!

Hi @cclaerhout : I also having the same error with the others. I try to check both of the permission as you mentioned earlier and "Allow" all for the admin. All my Guess, members & moderator are able to see all the links, image posted on the forum. However, i'm admin but only see the error message appeared on any links, img links of my posts and other posts:

"This content is protected"

Please help to fix this issue. :cry:

Thanks!
Send me my pm an access to your board (temp admin account with Bbm admin perms + ftp access).

I already PM to u. Thanks ! :)
I've checked your configuration and I think the result is normal. The misunderstood might come from the way I formulated the permissions. Let's take one of them : "Disable attach Bb Code".
If you select "Allow", it will allow "to disable the attach Bb Code", which means this Bb Code will be disabled. Can you confirm the issue is coming from this?

Thanks.

Top Bottom