BbCodes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes Pack

BbCodes & Buttons Manager - Advanced Bb Codes Pack 3.7.2

No permission to download

cclaerhout

You are awesome cedric. Hopefully this is a step in the direction of more open source addons. Open Source means, more people will be able to use it, more people can contribute to it and xenforo as well as commercial developers could possibly profit from a gain in public interest. But don't make a mistake about it, Open Source doesn't necessarily mean everything must be free, though. There are lots of people who make a living off of open source addons in the CMS business.

Looks very interesting. Is it possible to do something like what Wordpress does with the <more> tag? That way we can show and excerpt of the post and then when the user clicks on "read more" they are prompted to join or login? Is this a feature of this addon?

I'm completely new to the add-on installation game so I'm a little confused with the directions for this one. I already installed the BBCode Manager (newest version) and now I'm trying to figure out exactly which files I need to upload from the toolbar zip. Obviously, everything in Library, but what do I install in extras?

I'm completely new to the add-on installation game so I'm a little confused with the directions for this one. I already installed the BBCode Manager (newest version) and now I'm trying to figure out exactly which files I need to upload from the toolbar zip. Obviously, everything in Library, but what do I install in extras?

To avoid any problems, please use the auto installer extension. For the Extras directory, you will probably just have to look inside this subdirectory "1-XML BBCODES (to use with the bbcode manager)". The xml files in it are some Bb Codes. You need to install them with the Bbcm.

To avoid any problems, please use the auto installer extension. For the Extras directory, you will probably just have to look inside this subdirectory "1-XML BBCODES (to use with the bbcode manager)". The xml files in it are some Bb Codes. You need to install them with the Bbcm.

Unfortunately, my host (xfhost.net) doesn't support the permissions required for the auto installer extension, so I have to do it all manually. If you could walk me through it I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Unfortunately, my host (xfhost.net) doesn't support the permissions required for the auto installer extension, so I have to do it all manually. If you could walk me through it I'd REALLY appreciate it.
To install manually an addon, the procedure is almost every time the same. I've posted this week a short text here. It will work also with this addon.

To install manually an addon, the procedure is almost every time the same. I've posted this week a short text here. It will work also with this addon.

I got the gist on how to upload the normal part of the extension. What I was having trouble with was the EXTRAS folder. I've installed the BBCode manager, so do I need to upload all the XML files in the folder marked #1? If so, do I need to upload them individually?

I got the gist on how to upload the normal part of the extension. What I was having trouble with was the EXTRAS folder. I've installed the BBCode manager, so do I need to upload all the XML files in the folder marked #1? If so, do I need to upload them individually?
Hey, just see the link in my last post, there's the answer (and in this addon presentation as well by the way).

You don't need upload any Bb Codes xml files, you just need to import them one by one with the Bbcm (see again the link above). The Bb Code xml file will automatically install in the database.

Hey, just see the link in my last post, there's the answer (and in this addon presentation as well by the way).

You don't need upload any Bb Codes xml files, you just need to import them one by one with the Bbcm (see again the link above). The Bb Code xml file will automatically install in the database.

I got it, thanks Cedric.

Is there a way to setup the spoiler code to automatically cover any image codes? I.e.
any time someone wants to post an image?

Cedric - if you choose not to display the toolbar and use the button manager instead, does it mean that the options that you've setup in the Advanced BBCode Toolbar menu are no longer valid and they need to be set with the [+] buttons? Or do those options stay setup?

I couldn't figure out a way to get the toolbar addon and the button manager to play nice and get down to two lines only so I had to disable it for now. If have any suggestions on how to do it I'd love to hear them.

Also, is there a way to get the Picasa button to show up in the BBCode manager so you can add it to the toolbar via the TinyMCE editor?

Cedric - if you choose not to display the toolbar and use the button manager instead, does it mean that the options that you've setup in the Advanced BBCode Toolbar menu are no longer valid and they need to be set with the [+] buttons? Or do those options stay setup?
All position and permissions options will of course not be valid any more since you will position the button and set permissions with the button manager. Remember that this addon was created before the Button Manager, which explains why these options are there. If you want to use the button manager to manage all this addon button, just uncheck "Display Advanced BBcodes Bar".

All position and permissions options will of course not be valid any more since you will position the button and set permissions with the button manager. Remember that this addon was created before the Button Manager, which explains why these options are there. If you want to use the button manager to manage all this addon button, just uncheck "Display Advanced BBcodes Bar".

I figured as much but I wanted to make sure. Thanks. How about this?

I couldn't figure out a way to get the toolbar addon and the button manager to play nice and get down to two lines only, so I had to disable it for now. If have any suggestions on how to do it I'd love to hear them.

Also, is there a way to get the Picasa button to show up in the BBCode manager so you can add it to the toolbar via the TinyMCE editor?

Top Bottom