Resource icon

[Banxix] Thread Thumbnail 1.0.2

No permission to download

Banxix

Banxix submitted a new resource:

Thread Thumbnail - Auto generate threads thumbnail in thread list

Auto generate threads thumbnail on thread list of selected forums.

I have just started it for 2 hours so it is considered Beta.
The addon adds 1 query to your thread list so it does not likely impact performance.

Width, height do not currently work as expected because they need some work in css.
Attachment is not available right now but will be added in future.

Since it is beta I recommend to test it first before running in production forum.

Read more about this resource...

I tried it on XF 2.1, enabled it on all nodes, but didn't see any evidence that it was doing anything....

Do you use default style or custom one?
No, not seeing it on XF style either. Might be a conflict with another addon, maybe Xon's Multi-Prefix or something. I'll try disabling the rest of them at some point and see what happens. Thanks

awesome add-on!

heres how it looks
threadthumbnail.png

suggestion: add widget for thread thumbnail(new replies)

thread.png

Screenshot_2018-11-29_20-43-33.png

widgets.png

forum.png

suggestion2: allow thread thumbnail for 1st image in thread, and not just in 1st post
because here my 1st post doesnt have image, but second post does, but does not show up in thread thumbnail

1st post.png

2nd.png

Last edited:
It could only efficiently get images from first reply or last reply.
Retrieving images from other posts requires at least one slow query, or need a better cache / rebuild in order to find the images.

bdimage do this for xf1, it work great, but yes, it uses lots of resources for big forums
i still use his add-on, but for xf2, not exist yet

bdimage do this for xf1, it work great, but yes, it uses lots of resources for big forums
i still use his add-on, but for xf2, not exist yet

If you are telling about widget, it does not use too much resource.
But if you are telling about getting images from posts that are not first and last reply then yes, it may become a resource hog.

I would like to know if it is normal for him to display the avatar and not the images of the subject

also I would like to know if we can enlarge the sizes of the images

you can see again for the addons to display the true image of the subject

Last edited:
I would like to know if it is normal for him to display the avatar and not the images of the subject

also I would like to know if we can enlarge the sizes of the images

you can see again for the addons to display the true image of the subject

I have put them in todos list and they will be implemented in the future.

Top Bottom