[OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread

[OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread 2.1.2 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Checking in :)

I cannot reproduce this.

There shouldn't be such queries (wrapped in subquery) in a standard environment.

As i can see from the stacktrace and "/category/forum/page-274" URL it can be caused by another add-on.
Like Aggregating Forums.

I cannot reproduce this.

There shouldn't be such queries (wrapped in subquery) in a standard environment.

As i can see from the stacktrace and "/category/forum/page-274" URL it can be caused by another add-on.
Like Aggregating Forums.

Ok, thank you for looking into it.

@Ozzy47

Updated to 2.1.1 yesterday and for some reason I'm still seeing these errors. Tried reinstalling with the overwrite box checked too, no luck.

I cannot reproduce this.

As I can see from the stacktrace and "/category/forum/page-274" URL it can be caused by another add-on.
Like Aggregating Forums.

Hey @Ozzy47, getting a bunch of these errors after updating to XF 2.2.6 P2. Any ideas?

Code:
Server error log

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'bump_log.bump_date' in 'order clause' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228

Generated by: Unknown account Aug 12, 2021 at 3:09 AM

Stack trace

SELECT `xf_thread`.*, `xf_user_User_1`.*, `xf_user_LastPoster_2`.*
            FROM (

SELECT `xf_thread`.`thread_id`
            FROM `xf_thread`
LEFT JOIN (
                SELECT thread_id, max(bump_date) as bump_date
                FROM xf_bump_thread_log
                GROUP BY thread_id
            ) AS `bump_log` ON (`bump_log`.`thread_id` = `xf_thread`.`thread_id`)

WHERE (`xf_thread`.`node_id` = 41) AND ((`xf_thread`.`discussion_state` IN ('visible'))) AND (`xf_thread`.`sticky` = 0)
            ORDER BY IFNULL(`bump_log`.`bump_date`, `xf_thread`.`post_date`) DESC

LIMIT 40 OFFSET 10920
            ) as `earlyJoinQuery_3`
            JOIN `xf_thread` ON (`xf_thread`.`thread_id` = `earlyJoinQuery_3`.`thread_id`)
            LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_User_1` ON (`xf_user_User_1`.`user_id` = `xf_thread`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_LastPoster_2` ON (`xf_user_LastPoster_2`.`user_id` = `xf_thread`.`last_post_user_id`)
            ORDER BY IFNULL(`bump_log`.`bump_date`, `xf_thread`.`post_date`) DESC

LIMIT 40
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1379): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            SELECT `xf_...')
#5 src/addons/SV/AggregatingForums/XF/Finder/Thread.php(110): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch(NULL, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(247): SV\AggregatingForums\XF\Finder\Thread->fetch()
#7 src/addons/AL/ThreadFilter/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(90): XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/addons/EWR/Atendo/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(11): AL\ThreadFilter\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/addons/SV/AggregatingForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(34): EWR\Atendo\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/addons/SV/OptimizedListQueries/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(31): SV\AggregatingForums\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/addons/AddonFlare/GlobalIgnore/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(21): SV\OptimizedListQueries\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): AddonFlare\GlobalIgnore\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'Forum', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\RedisCache\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\RedisCache\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#16 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(32) "/category/forum/page-274"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/category/forum/page-274"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I cannot reproduce this.

Like Aggregating Forums.

I was able to track this down to @Xon's Optimized List Queries add-on. I've disabled it for now, until I have more time to look into it.

TickTakk wrote this and gave me permission to share, MIT license so feel free to use any part of it Oz.

It adds an "X bumps left" message to the "bump" button, showing the # of bumps left for the day.
It adds support for Dragonbyte Shop's "Automatic Thread Bump" item, useful for those who use Sort By: Bumped Threads

Attachments

If a reply is deleted and the thread bumped afterwords, it will move the deleted post behind the original post, so it appears the deleted post began the thread.

When rebuilding thread counters, it will change ownership of the thread to the reply-er whose post was deleted. Example:
1663521594030.webp

Last edited:
Great add-on, thank you for your contribution. Is it possible somehow to also present the "bump" button in a thread list? the XF 1 version of this add-on had this and it's very useful compared to the inline search. Thanks again.

Hi @Ozzy47

Thank you for this add-on. I have a question, what does the "Default Sort Forums" option do? I don't understand it.

I also noticed that when you bump a thread, it bumps the last posters post and changes the date as if though the last poster posted at the time of the bump. I'm not keen on that. Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

Edit: I also noticed that it doesn't show the bump on the forum list.

Last edited:
Hi @Ozzy47

Thanks for this addon. It is much appreciated.

I have some feedback regarding this addon.

There are no phrases for this section. So, I cannot translate right side.
1696260549822.webp

Button in thread list does not work for me.

Timer from thread post date
"The "time-limit" permission is counted from thread's start date."
If I didn't understand incorrectly, this function works together with "Time limit in seconds between each bump" in user group permissions. I think this is not functional. When we set the time limit in seconds in the user group permissions, the function will not work properly because the thread creation date is constantly changing. Can a function like "time limit after last bumped" be added instead?

Hi @Ozzy47

Thank you for this add-on. I have a question, what does the "Default Sort Forums" option do? I don't understand it.

I also noticed that when you bump a thread, it bumps the last posters post and changes the date as if though the last poster posted at the time of the bump. I'm not keen on that. Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

Regarding the functionality of Default Sort Forums, you may take a look at what the original developer said about it.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/banxix-bump-thread.162904/page-2

The plugin is functioning very incorrectly.

After using the "Rebuild threads" function, a situation arises where, if a user raised their own thread using this add-on and also deleted other users' messages in their thread, they cease to be the author of the thread. The thread is transferred from them to another user whose message was deleted.

The original thread author can no longer bump their own thread.

A third-party person becomes the author of the thread, gaining the ability to even delete other threads!

I have encountered such situations, and there have been numerous complaints already!

The plugin is functioning very incorrectly.

After using the "Rebuild threads" function, a situation arises where, if a user raised their own thread using this add-on and also deleted other users' messages in their thread, they cease to be the author of the thread. The thread is transferred from them to another user whose message was deleted.

The original thread author can no longer bump their own thread.

A third-party person becomes the author of the thread, gaining the ability to even delete other threads!

I have encountered such situations, and there have been numerous complaints already!

Can confirm, we've run into this issue also.

Developer has a lot addon to maintain and he seems messed up.

I can duplicate this as well. When the thread has a single post of TS, the latest bump date/time only showing old timestamp in forum_view and New post widget.

Don't know whether can get fix or not. I'd rather pay him for custom job but I never get his hands as he seems too busy. Other coders busy as well except who with high hourly rates.

Top Bottom