[OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread

[OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread 2.1.2 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
The problem with this add-on is that it updates the date of the last visible post in the thread.

But if in a thread the real last post is invisible (soft deleted or moderated), this add-on will change the date of the previous (visible) post, which may be the first post of the thread. Rebuilding post positions will make a previously invisible post first in the thread.

We’re actually unsure on how to solve this other than adding an extra column and a bunch of template modifications.

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread with a new update entry:

[OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread for XenForo 2.2+ Update 2.1.2 Patch Level 1

2.1.2 Patch Level 1:
  • Fix: do not bump the date of the first thread post if there is an invisible post after it to avoid moving the post during rebuilding and, consequently, changing the TS (can be enabled in options at your own risk)
  • Fix: rebuild forum latest post information on thread bump (can be disabled in options)

Read the rest of this update entry...

The problem with this add-on is that it updates the date of the last visible post in the thread.

But if in a thread the real last post is invisible (soft deleted or moderated), this add-on will change the date of the previous (visible) post, which may be the first post of the thread. Rebuilding post positions will make a previously invisible post first in the thread.

We’re actually unsure on how to solve this other than adding an extra column and a bunch of template modifications.

A simple solution is not to bump the post date in such cases. Latest release does just that.

Hi @Ozzy47 this addon looks perfect for use in our classifieds.
Currently the forum is ordered by last post date like all the other forums.
I am considering changing our classifieds forums to being ordered by thread post date and providing this addon as the only way people can bump their own threads.
They would have to pay for a user upgrade to be able to bump.
Thus we would be monetising our classifieds while still keeping them fundamentally free of charge.

Is there any log of bumping? I.e. logging changes to the first post date? I think this might be important to track bumps.

I'm also thinking that an auto bump facility might be something else we can charge users for. It would not be straight forward, though, because it would need to be switched off if the thread is moved to a different forum - i.e. archived (using our archive addon) or deleted.

Thanks for the addon and your consideration on these suggestions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom