Resource icon

[Banxix] Auto Close Threads 1.0.1 Patch 2

No permission to download
@Banxix Getting Server error logs.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'node_id' of non-object src/addons/Banxix/AutoCloseThreads/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:22

Generated by: Unknown account Jul 8, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/Banxix/AutoCloseThreads/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(22): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 22, Array)
#1 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(23): Banxix\AutoCloseThreads\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(15) "/threads/61059/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'Forum' of non-object src/addons/Banxix/AutoCloseThreads/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:22

Generated by: Unknown account Jul 8, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/Banxix/AutoCloseThreads/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(22): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 22, Array)
#1 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(23): Banxix\AutoCloseThreads\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(15) "/threads/61059/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Does not know If this error from @Xon ElasticSearch Essentials Add-on?

ElasticSearch Essentials only adds additional things in that action; it is this add-on not correctly handling all cases for a thread's display/view

@Nirjonadda I may not understand XF fully yet. However I'm not sure which could bring this error. The reply must be an instance of \Reply\View due to this addon's condition but thread was not an object as the error stated, kinda weird here.

It could be easily fixed but I think I need your help to investigate the bug deeper.

Last edited:
@Nirjonadda I may not understand XF fully yet. However I'm not sure which could bring this error. The reply must be an instance of \Reply\View due to this addon's condition but thread was not an object as the error stated, kinda weird here.

This is my setting.

ScreenShot01147.webp

It could be easily fixed but I think I need your help to investigate the bug deeper.

Sure !

Your thread view return null on $thread which should be \XF\Entity\Thread. I'm afraid it is not my addon's fault.

I implement a small fix for you. It check if the $thread is instance of Thread, but since your $thread is null, the auto close is not triggered.

@Banxix Can you please add a feature "notify to user when their thread get auto locked" ?

Sorry it's not how this addon works. Threads' close/open states are not persistently written into the database but the states are calculated when the thread is visited by a user. If you disable the addon, threads states will not be changed. That means it could not accurately notify users.

@Banxix I have found one more bug with your add-on, Thread closed but does not added locked icon to thread list.

All are closed with your add-on but does not added locked icon. Only icon from manually closed thread.

ScreenShot01190.webp

Banxix updated [Banxix] Auto Close Threads with a new update entry:

• Added thread reply count factor.
  • Locked icon in thread list.

Note: I have changed Options IDs of the addon so you may need to re-config the addon in options page again. Previous settings could be lost.

The addon is currently able to use only one of three options (Reply count, Post date, Last message date). I plan to change it in next release.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Are there instructions anywhere for installing it? (I don't see a read.me?) I want to try it myself instead of asking someone to do it and I have no clue where to start. Thanks for your time!

@Banxix This add-on not working with only Post date because this conflicted with Reply Count Factor. All thread are closed from reply when Reply Count Factor limited and also Locked icon are not showing in thread list.

ScreenShot01272.webp

@Banxix This add-on not working with only Post date because this conflicted with Reply Count Factor. All thread are closed from reply when Reply Count Factor limited and also Locked icon are not showing in thread list.

View attachment 213225

Sorry I don't get your problem. I need more people to help me confirm this, because it's working on my local environment.
You can only choose one factor at the moment, so no conflict.

This addon, from the start, uses only mediocre technique to lock the thread. No strange thing should happen. You have kept seeing weird problems with the addon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom