XF 1.2 Banned User still in PCs ????

Mr Lucky

According to the manual:

Once a user is banned, they no longer have access to the board content or any of the functionality. They will just see a message stating they have been banned, along with any reason entered at the time of the ban being placed.

However I just found about a banned user is still able to see a PC which he was involved in.

How can this be?

Presumably he can't get on the board, nor should he be receiving any notifications of PC replies.

We don't yet know how.

He was banned, and subsequently emailed one of the admins complaining about what other people were saying in a PC which he had been part of.

We don't know whether he accessed the board or maybe got a notification for the PC.

I just discussed this with Mike, but there may be an issue where PC notifications may still be sent via email, but the user should still have no access to the boards.

I'm not sure why.

What I will do, until this is fixed, is to remove their email address when banning - that way they won't get any email notifications
When a user breaks a rule, they usually were lazy to read the rules, understand the administrators directive (like notices, for example), and I usually send them a PM before banning them, but at other times, I forget to send them a PM, but I do it anyway in case the e-mail reaches them. I want them to understand why I banned them.

Top Bottom