1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Banned User still in PCs ????

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

According to the manual:

However I just found about a banned user is still able to see a PC which he was involved in.

How can this be?

Presumably he can't get on the board, nor should he be receiving any notifications of PC replies.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When you say "can still see a PC", what do you mean? Meaning he's accessed the board and viewed the PC?
  3. Mr Lucky

We don't yet know how.

He was banned, and subsequently emailed one of the admins complaining about what other people were saying in a PC which he had been part of.

We don't know whether he accessed the board or maybe got a notification for the PC.
  4. Jeremy

I just discussed this with Mike, but there may be an issue where PC notifications may still be sent via email, but the user should still have no access to the boards.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It appears that notifications for PMs were still sent to banned users - I've fixed that for the next 1.2 release.
    Hardcore and SneakyDave like this.
  6. Mr Lucky

OK, my tests have shown that after being banned, a banned member still gets notifications of any replies in PCs that he or she was in.
  7. Mr Lucky

Was writing that as you posted, glad it's going to be sorted.
  8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

AUGH. :cry:

So now, I have to PM the user before banning him. GAH.
  9. Mr Lucky

I'm not sure why.

What I will do, until this is fixed, is to remove their email address when banning - that way they won't get any email notifications
  10. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

When a user breaks a rule, they usually were lazy to read the rules, understand the administrators directive (like notices, for example), and I usually send them a PM before banning them, but at other times, I forget to send them a PM, but I do it anyway in case the e-mail reaches them. I want them to understand why I banned them.
  11. Jeremy

Ban reasons exist for a reason.
    GeorgeS, iGloo' and Amaury like this.