Back To The Top

Back To The Top 1.0.3b

No permission to download
I guess I'm the odd ball, but I wanted this to show on mobile devices.

This was my alternative solution for high impact site who didn't want more js files (as the case with another add-on that is similar).

So with this new update it will not work with tables and such?
I also have it showing in mobile devices (iPhone and iPad). Just select the option to display on mobile, and the if statement kicks in and doesn't include the media query in the CSS.

I'm an idiot! I missed the px value from the CSS code :mad:

Also, iPad in landscape is 1208px wide, so setting the min-width value to 1208px stops it from displaying on the iPad. You will however, then have issues with people using a desktop with a small screen resolution.

I've added a new option where you can choose to use the default @nonResponsiveMinWidth or set your own.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.back_to_top_custom_minwidth} == '1'">
@media (min-width:{$xenOptions.back_to_top_minwidth})
<xen:else />
@media (min-width:{xen:property nonResponsiveMinWidth})
</xen:if>

I'm an idiot! I missed the px value from the CSS code :mad:

Also, iPad in landscape is 1208px wide, so setting the min-width value to 1208px stops it from displaying on the iPad. You will however, then have issues with people using a desktop with a small screen resolution.
In other words - they will not see it with a smaller screen?

In other words - they will not see it with a smaller screen?
Correct. From what I can tell, the iPad only gets the responsive elements added when in portrait mode, so in landscape mode, it's basically the full site version.

If you leave the options for this to the default ones and rotate the iPad, the Back to Top link is only there in landscape mode, and not portrait.

Correct. From what I can tell, the iPad only gets the responsive elements added when in portrait mode, so in landscape mode, it's basically the full site version.

If you leave the options for this to the default ones and rotate the iPad, the Back to Top link is only there in landscape mode, and not portrait.
Can I get rid of it on the iPad in landscape mode?

Can I get rid of it on the iPad in landscape mode?
Yes, by setting it to not display on browsers less than 1208 pixels wide. Buy then you are back to this point

Top Bottom