AVForums moves to Xenforo

You can get around the google font's issue by adding a Text shadow only for google chrome. It beefs the text up a little. I find it hard to believe google still haven't fixed the bug yet.

Are you using a Web font - as it looks a lot worse with Web Fonts (Chrome's bug)

Stuart,

Have you thought about making the page background slightly darker - I have a feeling it will help with some of the complaints regarding the high contrast. I tested it in Editor, and it did seem to make the reading a fair bit better.

I'm investigating whether or not to use Xenforo on my site that needs to be redone. Thanks for putting the link to your site here! I greatly enjoyed checking it out. It looks really easy to navigate and use.

Stuart,

Have you thought about making the page background slightly darker - I have a feeling it will help with some of the complaints regarding the high contrast. I tested it in Editor, and it did seem to make the reading a fair bit better.
The original designers are investigating darkening up the background both round and in the content area.

The laggy scrolling in firefox actually isn't as a result of the position:fixed header, but rather Javascript:

dIhP4q3.png

The first and last results are a ~5-10 second window of scrolling
The middle result is the same amount of time but no scrolling
And for a fair comparison, continually moving the mouse on the page for the same amount of time = <10% of the calls/time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom