Making the Move to XenForo -- Worried!

MegaPixel

Good Evening All!

I'm apart of the Administration Team for a forum roleplay called Modern Nations, and we're currently hosted and based on the free forum software, Zetaboards. Which has been our home for the last six years, and continuing to progress in a positive direction. However, we're feeling the strains of Zetaboards from basic controls, to access to implementing features ourselves. However; we're reluctant to make the move and buy a licence unless we're confident we can get the forum exactly how it is now (which, from there, will allow us to move forward).

As we'd be moving from Zetaboards to Xenforo, we're aware that a conversion is not possible. So we'd be needing to get our whole theme/skin, and additional scripts, manually converted. Thus, I have a few questions:

1. I'm not a coder, and for zetaboards, we've paid for all the work to be done which we're more than happy too now. We have the images, the CSS and HTML Layouts but, after playing in the demo for a few days, on XenForo, it's very different to what I'm used too. How easy would it be (and is there anyone specifically who could help) to recreate our theme in an Xenforo forum specifically? Including the side bar, all the images, coloring. I judge, as we have all the info and images, it's just a case of making it work for Xenforo?

2. Scripts are another thing. At the moment, we have a bunch of forms on zetaboards which players fill out, and they go to specific forum sections, or automatically calculate dates between two fields, or even change the way forum sections are shown (As per the "Governments" category on my forum which is linked at the bottom). All of these scripts are javascript/html such as our clock in system (So staff can clock time when they've worked):

<center><script type="text/javascript">
if ($.zb.stat.mod) {
var forumID = 4222964;
$.getScript('http://z1.ifrm.com/0/1/0/p413634/ClockInOutTitle.js');
}
</script></center>

Would this work on Xenforo, or would it be relatively easy to convert? Again; is there anyone specifically who could help if so?

I'm just worried in achieving what already exists, as we've relied heavily on zetaboards specifically and there setup is entirely different, so my priority to begin with before even considering a licence would be to make sure I can get my forum scripting/theme exactly how it is now. As that's the main worry, as data/posts can be sorted afterwards.

(Not sure if I am allowed to share the link either, but just to give an idea of how my forum looks/contains. The link is www.modernnations.com -- This is what we'd like to replicate in XenForo. Once we can get it replicated, we can move and begin to explore the new features.)

I look forward to some advice.

Thank you,
Jamie

Good Evening All!

I'm apart of the Administration Team for a forum roleplay called Modern Nations, and we're currently hosted and based on the free forum software, Zetaboards. Which has been our home for the last six years, and continuing to progress in a positive direction. However, we're feeling the strains of Zetaboards from basic controls, to access to implementing features ourselves. However; we're reluctant to make the move and buy a licence unless we're confident we can get the forum exactly how it is now (which, from there, will allow us to move forward).

As we'd be moving from Zetaboards to Xenforo, we're aware that a conversion is not possible. So we'd be needing to get our whole theme/skin, and additional scripts, manually converted. Thus, I have a few questions:

1. I'm not a coder, and for zetaboards, we've paid for all the work to be done which we're more than happy too now. We have the images, the CSS and HTML Layouts but, after playing in the demo for a few days, on XenForo, it's very different to what I'm used too. How easy would it be (and is there anyone specifically who could help) to recreate our theme in an Xenforo forum specifically? Including the side bar, all the images, coloring. I judge, as we have all the info and images, it's just a case of making it work for Xenforo?

2. Scripts are another thing. At the moment, we have a bunch of forms on zetaboards which players fill out, and they go to specific forum sections, or automatically calculate dates between two fields, or even change the way forum sections are shown (As per the "Governments" category on my forum which is linked at the bottom). All of these scripts are javascript/html such as our clock in system (So staff can clock time when they've worked):

Would this work on Xenforo, or would it be relatively easy to convert? Again; is there anyone specifically who could help if so?

I'm just worried in achieving what already exists, as we've relied heavily on zetaboards specifically and there setup is entirely different, so my priority to begin with before even considering a licence would be to make sure I can get my forum scripting/theme exactly how it is now. As that's the main worry, as data/posts can be sorted afterwards.

(Not sure if I am allowed to share the link either, but just to give an idea of how my forum looks/contains. The link is www.modernnations.com -- This is what we'd like to replicate in XenForo. Once we can get it replicated, we can move and begin to explore the new features.)

I look forward to some advice.

Thank you,
Jamie
Hi Jamie,

We provide many forum services including hosting, migration and custom styles. Please start a conversation with me if you are interested in getting a quote for all the points you mentioned.

Currently, there is no converter from Zetaboards to XenForo but we can develop it.

Top Bottom